The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra/Skyline Meet June 4-5th 2011 Kilkenny CANCELLED.

Jellybean

Please let us know peoples interest and choice of activity

**Post comments here please**

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=177723278910587

----------

DETAILS

----------

--> Date: June 4-5th Weekend

BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND

------------------

Price Summary

------------------

1) Hotel @ 50€ per person sharing for B&B plus gym and pool

2) Activity @ 50 per person (Mondello track day training Or Karting)

-----------------

Accomodation

-----------------

Time June 4-5th 2011

Location Kilkenny,ireland

Hotel: http://www.springhillcourt.com/

Booking reference for springhill is : 'MONDELO'

Peter who works in the hotel has got us a great deal of 50€ per person sharing for B&B in springhill Kilkenny. Pool and gym are included in the price.

---------

Activity:

---------

--> Karting

http://www.facebook.com/l/d79d9UDsNUQ6xhCMXDhFyMqT75Q;www.kiltorcan.com/

----------

NiteLife:

----------

Kilkenny; hotel is 2.5Km out side Center so 34min walk or taxi

Keep her lit!!!

Edited by Jellybean
Updated Accomodation (see edit history)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake its 89 euro per room not per person and 120 per room not per person with breakfest so if you bunk in with somebody split that price in 2; Therese works there so she is going to see if she can get us a further discount

The Mondello Activity is a Training Course; you will follow a pace car and communicate via Radio for instruction on what lines to take, clipping points, entry lines ; if you want you can put want you learnt to practice for a 20 min track session without the Pace car. You car will only be driven as hard as you want to; in fairness Drag racing is very tough on a car compared to a training course.

I have reservations about track days myself but this approach of following a pace car in a controlled enviroment while you are under instruction is a good option for us OCD people !!!

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

I am Still waiting on feedback from Mondello on feasibility with regards Group sizes

Some feed Back from Mondello for all those misgivings we have about taking our pride and joy on track-- Track day training is designed to help ease newcomers into track day driving or assist the in-experienced to improve their track day performance, its not designed for experienced track day drivers.

This is not setup to be harsh on your car but some spirted Driving in a controlled enviroment with the sole aim on instruction of how best to get around Mondello; but for those of you who want to let her loose, at the end of each session you will have 20min track time to put into practice what you learnt

From Mondello Site

http://www.mondello.ie/news/159.htm

Car Track Days are one of Ireland’s best kept motoring secrets. A relatively small number of Ireland’s high performance and modified car drivers seem to be aware of the opportunities that exist at Mondello Park to enjoy driving their cars beyond the limits imposed on the public roads. Even for those that are aware of Car Track days the idea of driving quickly on a circuit can look a little intimidating, but a new service being provided by Mondello Park aims to make track driving more accessible by educating drivers about track day driving and help them overcome their fears of the track.

Starting on January 29th Mondello Park's Car Track Day Training days will provide drivers with a low cost opportunity to sample a car track day, without having to take to the track with more experienced drivers. Newcomers will be given classroom instruction regarding pre track day preparation, track behaviour, what to expect, how to get the best from a track day and the differences between road and track driving. Classrooms sessions will be followed by practical on-track instruction driving their own cars and the day will be completed by a twenty minute open track day session where they can put their new skills and knowledge to the test in a controlled and supervised environment.

The Track Day Training days are priced extremely cheaply as their primary purpose is to encourage more drivers to take part in track days at Mondello Park. The course takes three hours to complete and morning and afternoon session will be available with both priced at €50.00 per driver. Prospective participants need to be at least eighteen years of age with a full driving license and must have their own car. For normal track days each driver is required to provide their own crash helmet but due to the introductory nature of the training days, Mondello Park will provide these free of charge for the day. Unlike a full Car Track Day passengers are not allowed and race cars of any type will not be permitted.

Car Track Day Training Format

2 groups, one morning and one afternoon. Cost €50.00 for morning or afternoon

Morning 10:00 – 13:00

Afternoon 14:00 – 17:00

Drivers must be 18 or over, with a full licence.

Road cars only, no single seaters.

No passengers allowed.

Morning Timetable

10:00 Classroom instruction

10:30 On track instruction

11:00 Break

11:15 Classroom instruction

11:50 On track instruction

12:30 Supervised free track time

12:50 Debrief

Afternoon Timetable

14:00 Classroom instruction

14:30 On track instruction

15:00 Break

15:15 Classroom instruction

15:50 On track instruction

16:30 Supervised free track time

16:50 Debrief

Drivers interested in learning more about car track days can find full details of what is involved HERE, or by calling the Mondello Park office prior to booking in for their introductory session. To book a place on the January 29th day drivers should call 045-860200 or email [email protected]

£31 for breakfast? That's a bit much :blink:

Taught the same but Its whats on there website; I suggest goin with the 89 euro split between 2 or unless you want a room to yourself

It is also 89 euro under the Advance Purchase ROOM ONLY Promotion

http://secure.springhillcourt.com/bookings/checkavailability

Full Irish Breakfast: is €12.95

Taught the same but Its whats on there website; I suggest goin with the 89 euro split between 2 or unless you want a room to yourself

It is also 89 euro under the Advance Purchase ROOM ONLY Promotion

http://secure.springhillcourt.com/bookings/checkavailability

Full Irish Breakfast: is €12.95

Yeah, makes sense to share.

Funny thing is it would take 3 sharing to get your moneys worth out of the breakfast (based on it costing 12.95 lol).

I can't see the track thing happening as what jake said above no one drag raced up at bishopscourt except me Ernie and big neil lol I did damage my car but all is good as it's getting fixed in march just in time for mot

anyways if I do go on the track I don't want to be under supervision or behind a pacecar lol I've been round loads of tracks and am not afraid to rake the car

Will they be strict? I no they don't want stupid driving and uneccessary drifting but will we get told of for goig to fast?

:p

Modello or the karting will be Saturday , can you not get it off ; its over 4 months away

Sorted :)

Let me know when a few of you have booked the hotel. I booked the last one early & then everyone decided on another hotel, so i'll wait until there's a few booked in this time. Atleast then we can all park together.

Time June 4-5th 2011

Location Kilkenny,ireland

Hotel: http://www.springhillcourt.com/

Booking reference for springhill is : 'MONDELO'

Peter who works in the hotel has got us a great deal of 50€ per person shearing for B&B in springhill Kilkenny. Pool and gym are included in the price.

Get booking!!!

thanks

Just got a mail back from Mondello; no May weekend date is available, if we want to go to Mondello it will need to be a WeekDay; What do people think?

If it is not Feasible we will go Karting!! Let me know what you think

--MONDELLO EMAIL

Carlo,

Thank you for your e-mail. We could arrange a track day training day for your club. We can take a maximum of 20 cars and it takes a half day to cover the course. We wouldn’t have any weekend availability in May so it would have to be on a weekday. The cost would be €50 per driver based on 20 cars. If you have more than we can split the day into a morning and afternoon session.

Regards,

Ian

Ian Beatty

Circuit Operations Manager

Mondello Park Ltd.

Donore

Naas

Co. Kildare

Ireland

Ph: 00353 (0) 45860200

How about bringing this forward to April? Long evenings and weather usually not horrific? Or perhaps pushing it back to June? The way I am looking at it is that you can go Karting at any time with a few buddies in a lot of different places, but a track day is something different and I think would be worth holding out for. Just my thoughts on it, but either way I am still in.

Sorted :)

Let me know when a few of you have booked the hotel. I booked the last one early & then everyone decided on another hotel, so i'll wait until there's a few booked in this time. Atleast then we can all park together.

Dont talk to me about the hotel from up North; disaster, that place was worse than Faulty Towers

I can't see the track thing happening as what jake said above no one drag raced up at bishopscourt except me Ernie and big neil lol I did damage my car but all is good as it's getting fixed in march just in time for mot

anyways if I do go on the track I don't want to be under supervision or behind a pacecar lol I've been round loads of tracks and am not afraid to rake the car

Will they be strict? I no they don't want stupid driving and uneccessary drifting but will we get told of for goig to fast?

:p

You can drive her like you stole her ;)

Another update from Mondello on Weekend availability; in short Mondello is only feasible as a Weekday event

Carlo,

Unfortunately we don’t normally hire out weekend days between February to December as we always have events and race schools on. If we have an available date the weekend price is considerably higher than a week day as it means canceling a race school. To give you an idea, hiring the circuit on a weekday for a full day on the International will cost €5,500 on a weekend it will be €15-20,000

Regards,

Ian

Ian Beatty

Circuit Operations Manager

Mondello Park Ltd.

Donore

Naas

Co. Kildare

Ireland

Ph: 00353 (0) 45860200

Fax: 00353 (0) 45860195

• 1 month later...

Well my annual leave forms are in now so I need to figure out what I'm booking off work, So the track day is defo out? Can we get names down so we can start to see who is heading to this, I no me and my mate are up for it from up here don't no what any of the other northern lads are planning but we may get a list started anyway, also is this the Supra/Skyline weekend or supra only, or is the Supra/Skyline weekend another date?

1.Carlo(Jellybean)

2.Rab(Suprab1)

3.JakeG

4.MartyH

Its going to be the first weekend in June Jake. Pushing it back to then as I suspect a lot of people will only tax their Supras down south for the summer myself included. There's no way I'm taxing it for the sake of one weekend to lose out on August when the weather should be decent enough.

It's a Supra/Skyline weekend but to be honest it's not going to be that strict to those 2 models. Soarers, chasers, 350z's ,300zx'z etc all welcome. There'll probably be a couple of NSX's there and I must see is there any RX7 owners interested .