The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You won't believe this....

Matt B

As you may or may not be aware my turbos blew the other day...:( So I was thinking of going single instead.

The only thing that worried me was the insurance, being as I'm 25 and only 3 years no claims I thought it might rocket.

Spoke to Elephant this morning and told them I was swapping two for one but that the power output would be similar and they said.......

"We will refund you £75"

How cool is that....:cool:

:D :D :D

Originally posted by Matt B

told them I was swapping two for one but that the power output would be similar and they said......."We will refund you £75" How cool is that....:cool: :D :D :D

jeez - what was that guy on ? :eek:

I reckon it's another callcenter in India. As long as it's on my list of mods and I'm covered I don't mind...:D

LMFAOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:D coulda still been a call center in england, i'm having a hard job understanding some of the new peeps on my shift,if ya know wha i mean,one is training to be a doctor yet he doesnt understand the words goto pie shop,hmmmmmmmm i hope he dont end up my doc!!!:p

Guest Dave_Refault

Hmm not sure whats going on with Elephant, a mate at work added his girlfriend onto his insurance and they refunded him 50 quid!?!?!?!?

Doesn't sound right to me?

Cheers Far, how you been? All good I hope....

I'm gonna fax over a list when I get it just to make sure....:)

Yeah good man - you have drove passed me a few times (pretty sure it was you!) but you didnt notice me as I dont have the supe no more :(

Will have to hook up at some point

Originally posted by far

Yeah good man - you have drove passed me a few times (pretty sure it was you!) but you didnt notice me as I dont have the supe no more :(

Will have to hook up at some point

For sure mate, I'll shout you when my car is fixxed..:)

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Bobbeh

Dont get carried away, as soon as you make a claim they'll change their attitude I bet.

Sounds too good to be true as usual. :)

agree with Bobbeh, the guy u spoke to probably doesnt realise the result of going single (oh hes got one less turbo so must be less powerful) once they dig under the surface then they will prob give u hassle

Originally posted by Dave_Refault

Hmm not sure whats going on with Elephant, a mate at work added his girlfriend onto his insurance and they refunded him 50 quid!?!?!?!?

Doesn't sound right to me?

As John said, most will give you money back for adding someone experienced or your bird.

Matt,

Don't wanna be a party pooper mate, but while elephant will cover a modded car, if you have an accident their policy is to only replace with standard parts, so heaven forbid you did, you lose all your money on the mods/turbo's - so tread very carefully.

And god help you if you need them to pay out :eek: :(

Surely the cost of 2x stock turbo's + stock manifold and all related VSV gubbins etc from Toyota would be more expensive than a single kit? But then again the car is likely a write off if your replacing engine parts as the result of a smash....