The mkiv Supra Owners Club

xs power turbo kits

Rob_Mitchell

been reading a project thread on the supra forums http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?611072-My-BW80mm-build

link might not work for non members but his previous spec was a xs turbo and manifold (kit) and it goes like stink from watching the vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzd2b35GJM

surely the kits cant last too long? considering they cost very little like £1100.00? anyone running the xs set up on here?

not the route im going to take but bloody good figures and very quick.

Not running one but i hear of cracking manifolds, Cracking exhaust side on turbo, bearing failure on turbo's.

Granted this is all hearing of i've never seen it because well i've never seen anyone running one in person.

Edit: no wait i remember my friend had an xspower t4 on his prelude and the turbo popped after 10 miles. This was 4 years ago though so maybe changed since then.

Yet another Edit: Just looked at that post and i have to admit that car is impressive even if it is running xs gear.

Edited by shima60 (see edit history)

I had 1 fitted to my blue supra. It was the GT45 kit. The manifold was shite and I mean shite. I had to mill all the faces flat, most of the holes for the stuffing was to small n had to be drilled out, the downpipe was miles away so I ended up making my own as was the midpipe. Turbo sounded awesome on spool up and the wastegate was good too.

I had 1 fitted to my blue supra. It was the GT45 kit. The manifold was shite and I mean shite. I had to mill all the faces flat, most of the holes for the stuffing was to small n had to be drilled out, the downpipe was miles away so I ended up making my own as was the midpipe. Turbo sounded awesome on spool up and the wastegate was good too.

what sort of power did you make john? do you think changes might have been made to the kits since the blue one?

Yeah, Phil is running 500ish in his mk1 Aristo, on the basis that his has been running solid for quite a while now there are a couple more Aristo single turbo's underway using the same turbo kit, but binning the XS manifold and using log manifolds instead I believe.

LeeP has a mate Phil who I think has one one an Aristo and is making 550hpish.

I think lee fitted that so might be worth a pm to him.

A lot of it is in the fitting id say, Phil's aristo has been spot on for a couple of years now and is no slouch.

Saying that id not have a kit on my car, they do seem popular though, more so in the states.

A lot of it is in the fitting id say, Phil's aristo has been spot on for a couple of years now and is no slouch.

Saying that id not have a kit on my car, they do seem popular though, more so in the states.

yeah they seem to love these sort of kits in the states, not for me if im honest. just going to start saving again and hope somthing comes up at the right time.

what sort of power did you make john? do you think changes might have been made to the kits since the blue one?

It was a 900hp turbo but was only mapped to 500hp at .8 bar because of the autobox. I did wind it up to 1.5 bar at 1 point n couldn't keep traction what so ever. Spool time was a little slow low down but at higher revs at 0.8 bar you could tell it just was getting started.

It was a 900hp turbo but was only mapped to 500hp at .8 bar because of the autobox. I did wind it up to 1.5 bar at 1 point n couldn't keep traction what so ever. Spool time was a little slow low down but at higher revs at 0.8 bar you could tell it just was getting started.

not bad results even for the auto then, http://www.xspoweruk.com/2jz-550-675-whp.aspx this kit seems to have a braced manifold or did yours too?

i have the xs na-t kit , manifold seemed really well made, mine came braced and well welded. some dont and they are the pants ones from what i gatherd. but mines been ok. probs iv had in the 3 years its been on are.

turbo faild, but i think thats because i tryed to map it myself :D

the oil lines looked a bit cheap so i went with some custom lines

thats it :)