The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which would you go for!?

Guest sodbuster

I run the Tein Super Street. They were on the car when I collected it but I would change them in a heart beat. The ride quality is decent but the car is not trackable. Those suspensions are way too soft imo. I have heard pretty good thing about HSD's but they might be a little bit more expensive.

AdrianStoke is selling HKS HyperMax III for 600£.

Dave

I run the Tein Super Street. They were on the car when I collected it but I would change them in a heart beat. The ride quality is decent but the car is not trackable. Those suspensions are way too soft imo. I have heard pretty good thing about HSD's but they might be a little bit more expensive.

AdrianStoke is selling HKS HyperMax III for 600£.

Dave

The Teins SS are ideal for UK roads.

The HKS Hypermax III's are more heavily sprung and would be more suitable for the track, that is a very cheap price they are normally £1K+ a set.

Dont the Tein dampers fail quite a lot without having covered many miles ? Their not a patch on a set of Billys in my opinion.

Many years ago Teins had a reputation for leaking. Not a problem with their current range which they brought out around 8 years ago, I've sold many sets of Tein's and AFAIK non have had a problem.

i would go for bc coilovers i had teins on the car when i bought it and they started leaking never had any probs with the bc coilovers reasnable ride comfort and great handling

What model Teins were they though and how old were they?

As I said above the old Teins were not great quality - I had a set on my car when I bought it in 2000 which soon got changed - their current range is far better.

What model Teins were they though and how old were they?

As I said above the old Teins were not great quality - I had a set on my car when I bought it in 2000 which soon got changed - their current range is far better.

not sure what model you are prob right though as this was some time ago i take it they have improved the quality of their kits

not sure what model you are prob right though as this was some time ago i take it they have improved the quality of their kits

Yes their current range is much improved. If you had one of their old models on then I'd completely agree with you as I had the same problem with one of mine leaking.

IMO our roads aren't too suitable for coilovers. I'd speak to Chris Wilson about one of his suspension setups.

The stock setup is a coilover, i guess you mean a cheap platform adjustable coilover with usually way to hard spring rates.

Yes their current range is much improved. If you had one of their old models on then I'd completely agree with you as I had the same problem with one of mine leaking.

when i got the car the guy that sold it to me said it was somthing they had noticed on some of there cars with the tein set ups, like you say must have been old kits hopfuly i have no problems for a very long time with the bc's they have been great so far and i hate doing coilovers.