The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Radiator Recommend

Jellybean

can you recommend me a new radiator that will retain the stock Airbox and mounting points plus is future proof for a 35r GTX single ;)

Stock OEM. None of the aftermarket ones I've seen retain the top airbox mounting points unless you fab your own brackets up, and even the "fits as stock" Fluidyne rad doesn't "fit as stock".

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?83646-Fitting-Fluidyne-radiator

Edited by Thorin (see edit history)

Stock OEM. None of the aftermarket ones I've seen retain the top airbox mounting points unless you fab your own brackets up, and even the "fits as stock" Fluidyne rad doesn't "fit as stock".

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?83646-Fitting-Fluidyne-radiator

My fluidine also kept all the stock airbox bits fine. Pic in my Garrage I think

Unfortunately it split along to top so only lasted few years. I went back to stock I'm sure stock will be fine for most applications tbh. Cheeper 2!

My fluidine also kept all the stock airbox bits fine. Pic in my Garrage I think

Unfortunately it split along to top so only lasted few years. I went back to stock I'm sure stock will be fine for most applications tbh. Cheeper 2!

I see because you (or whoever fitted it) made a bracket up. Plus how the hell did it split open? :D

Do a search on eBay for "ASI supra radiator"

These rads are only about 130 quid delivered and the quality and fitment is just as good any other alloy rad I've seen fitted to a supra. I've fitted quite a few of these to supras and never had an I'll fitting 1. You may have to trim your fan shroud to fit perfectly but you do with almost all alloy rads. I've got 1 in my own car with a PHR fan kit.

I use to have a Fluidyne rad and wasn't that impressed. The spacing of the mounting bosses for the fan shroud weren't correct and when the car was being mapped after the GT35R install the coolant temps were running very high. It gets very hot in HK during the summer - 35-40C - so I decided to swap it for a Power Enterprise Double Row Radiator. The PE rad was a lot thicker, looked better constructed, fitted perfectly and when checked on the dyno was a lot more efficient compared to the Fluidyne. They're not cheap, but it'd be the rad I'd use.

Thats plus a surcharge if you dont give your old radiator in exchange and all Toyota prices have recently gone up to, some 10-15%, as if there not expensive enough as they are!

Todays price and dont see a problem giving them the old rad