The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Easiest way to replace the dash loom?

Homer

Errr... no not really...

It is clipped to the inside of the dash...Don't be a pansy, the dash comes out fairly easily :)

Dang :( I guess it's not that difficult, but it's cold and wet outside :D

Get a new car, simples.

Sounds like something my sister would do, she bought a new car last year because her current ones MOT ran out....

why do you want to change the loom?

Not sure if you saw the build thread.. This car had the electrics extensively hacked, one area was all the heater control wires and plugs were chopped off. I did a basic rewire on them but some things on the heater control never worked properly. Rather than start tracing back 70+ wires it's a lot easier to just replace the entire loom.

Not sure if you saw the build thread.. This car had the electrics extensively hacked, one area was all the heater control wires and plugs were chopped off. I did a basic rewire on them but some things on the heater control never worked properly. Rather than start tracing back 70+ wires it's a lot easier to just replace the entire loom.

Any idea on the cost of a dash loom? My Supra, like so many, has had various wires cut and rejoined etc around the stereo and i'd quite like to get it all neat again. Also, while the air con needs re-gassing, it's probably a good time to change the heater matrix too before it inevitably gives in at some point.

Job done!

Lol :D There's more than the heating control not working! Heater rear window switch and a some of the vent directions buttons don't work. It's a wiring issue before anyone suggests replacing the control units units, been there, done that ;)

Any idea on the cost of a dash loom? My Supra, like so many, has had various wires cut and rejoined etc around the stereo and i'd quite like to get it all neat again. Also, while the air con needs re-gassing, it's probably a good time to change the heater matrix too before it inevitably gives in at some point.

I got a replacement from Keron, in great condition too, think it was around £40 plus delivery.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys were absolutely right of course :) There's no way in hell you can change that loom without getting the dash out.

It was surprising easy to do, 40 minutes to get the dash out. Also swapped the heater matrix while I was there :) It's fixed all the issues I was having with the heater controls, except the main one I was hoping to solve, typical!!