The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm rather upset about my car being broken into!

DMY23

My week has been ruined, I woke this morning to find that some little twat has broken into my Supra by smashing in the quarter light window. I'm absolutely fuming[ANGRY][/ANGRY].

Quick question for the forum, my Supra is an aerotop and I think I remember reading somewhere on here that aerotops have slightly different quarter light fittings than a hardtop, is this true? If so, do you think I will be able to get a replacement from toyota as its a Japanese model?

Thanks in advance guys.

Adam

What do you mean by quarter light? Do you mean the red rear quarter marker or are you talking about the window?

As above, not sure what you mean by rear quater light, if you mean the side marker or the rear quater window, then no, it's the same as far as I am aware.

Yes the glass is different on the aero - I presume it is stronger.

The glass is also a different colour between the pre-facelift and facelift models.

Your local Toyota dealer will be able to order the correct new glass if you give them the car details from the VIN plate in the engine bay.

Can't say I have heard of that, narrows down the search though :D

If you can access toyodiy.com (I can't in work) you should be able to see if there are different part numbers for the quarter glass. Might be difficult identifying it due to the lack of drawings now but there is a proxy server to get them back if you do a little search on here :)

Edit: too slow :D

Yes the glass is different on the aero - I presume it is stronger.

The glass is also a different colour between the pre-facelift and facelift models.

Your local Toyota dealer will be able to order the correct new glass if you give them the car details from the VIN plate in the engine bay.

Thanks for the help. I will get down to my local Toyota dealer this afternoon.

Can't say I have heard of that, narrows down the search though :D

If you can access toyodiy.com (I can't in work) you should be able to see if there are different part numbers for the quarter glass. Might be difficult identifying it due to the lack of drawings now but there is a proxy server to get them back if you do a little search on here :)

Edit: too slow :D

Thanks Scott, just had a quick look on there and it appears that the glass and some of the retaining clips are aerotop specific.

Did you have anything taken or was it just broken for the hell of it?

I haven't had a proper look at it, as the maintenance guys in my building suggested I wait until police get here, but I can see that they haven't taken my Alpine stereo, which puzzles me as that is one of the most valuable items in the car. So at the moment it doesn't look like they've taken much, it's just pain in the ass, and I get angry when someone hurts my pride and joy.

I haven't had a proper look at it, as the maintenance guys in my building suggested I wait until police get here, but I can see that they haven't taken my Alpine stereo, which puzzles me as that is one of the most valuable items in the car. So at the moment it doesn't look like they've taken much, it's just pain in the ass, and I get angry when someone hurts my pride and joy.

Maybe they just elbowed it as they walked past out of jealousy.

If I saw/caught someone doing anything to my Supra, they better enjoy being a woman because they wouldn't have their balls much longer :D

Maybe they just elbowed it as they walked past out of jealousy.

If I saw/caught someone doing anything to my Supra, they better enjoy being a woman because they wouldn't have their balls much longer :D

It wasn't out of jealousy as the cars in a private underground car park, with the side with the smashed window next to a wall, so I doubt very much it was smashed for the sake of it. One of the items that was taken was a white and grey camo ski jacket, which is very recognisable, so if I see them I will be having a quiet word with them.

It wasn't out of jealousy as the cars in a private underground car park, with the side with the smashed window next to a wall, so I doubt very much it was smashed for the sake of it. One of the items that was taken was a white and grey camo ski jacket, which is very recognisable, so if I see them I will be having a quiet word with them.

Or the person they sold it to, for a tenner?

H.