The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else got Supra Spring Blues?

jevansio

I'm not sure if it's the time of year, but not feeling the Supra love at the mo. I took the car out yesterday for the 1st time in months (even though it was freezing) to bring back the love, had a good laugh with the limited traction, but woke up this morning to another coat of snow :(

Getting those bad thoughts of getting rid again, I know it's a phase, but it don't take long to p*ss me off. Obviously my car is more extreme than most with it's lack of heating/stereo etc, but as it's a summer car mid-winter makes me feel like I've built a car which is too extreme

Any of you guys feeling down?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the heating back in mate, or at a minimum get a heated screen, must be a nightmare driving it in the winter months.

Love mine to bits and cant wait to get back in it, i can honestly say there is no other car id want this side of a UGR TT gallardo, even then im not sure i could face selling my supra, i will never sell.

Put the heating back in mate, or at a minimum get a heated screen, must be a nightmare driving it in the winter months.

Love mine to bits and cant wait to get back in it, i can honestly say there is no other car id want this side of a UGR TT gallardo.

I don't think I can bring myself to, it's like if I put the heating in the whole purpose for which I'm building the car is turned upsidedown. I know I can't have it both ways, but having heating in wouldn't make things any better, the car would be a mare in the snow regardless of how hot it is in the cabin. It's seems like the roads have been wet for 3 months, driving the car in this weather is no fun, I just want it to be 20deg outside & nice & sunny :D

Winter is a waste of time for big power, i will just lock mine away for most winters now, spend that time doing any upgrades i want and enjoy in the summer, you need to get yourself a nippy 4wd mate, my S4 has been brilliant, so sure footed no matter the weather and just quick enough to keep me amused.

always think of selling mine but only to buy a new one (project)

Lol

Winter is a waste of time for big power, i will just lock mine away for most winters now, spend that time doing any upgrades i want and enjoy in the summer, you need to get yourself a nippy 4wd mate, my S4 has been brilliant, so sure footed no matter the weather and just quick enough to keep me amused.

Yeah, starting to think that big jag might have been not such a great idea :D

No winter blues here, just sooo frustrated my build is not under way yet, people have got to stop moving workshops!!!

At least you picked the best time to get it done :)

Love mine to bits and cant wait to get back in it, i can honestly say there is no other car id want this side of a UGR TT gallardo, even then im not sure i could face selling my supra, i will never sell.

:yeahthat:

Allthough I've got an N/A Auto to pootle about in the winter in, it isn't the same and as annoying as it is that I can't drive the TT I could never sell it, unless, as Jamie said, I could afford one of those Underground Racing TT Gallardos :drool:

I've been toying with the idea of getting an Audi S2, I reckon they're a perfect winter car and fairly cheap too Jay. Plus, they sound a bit like a Gallardo with an aftermarket exhaust :cool:

lD6QHh7XKpY

I've been toying with the idea of getting an Audi S2, I reckon they're a perfect winter car and fairly cheap too Jay. Plus, they sound a bit like a Gallardo with an aftermarket exhaust :cool:

lD6QHh7XKpY

My prob is I don't want my "other" car to be performance oriented at all, just to keep the supra feeling special and to resist the temptation to modify that aswell, I sometimes think that I will always think the grass is greener on the other side, it's tough living in my brain :D

S2 is a great car, friend had one years back and it was brilliant, even the older 2.7 TT S4 is very good and can be picked up cheaply.

love my supra but totally agree with you j, i can honestly say i think i only drove mine last year to get its mot done and off the drive a few times to wash it, i dont take it to work now because i have to park on a road on a industrial estate about ten mins walk from work due to a load of us losing our on site parking (i bought a cheap daily driver for work) and we use the wifes mazda when we go out as there is more room for our son in the back,

i have recentley drew up a list of things i would get done over the next few months to bring back the love but have found myself looking at other things to spend the money on as i cant justify spending the money on something i am thinking of selling.