The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has a Sigma S series alarm/immobiliser?

Kazuma

There's an S30 with keypad installed on the Blue NA that I traded in recently. I called it the Beast of Bomex as it looked a beast and had a full Bomex kit. It's a play on 'Beast of Bodmin' but I don't think anyone got it.

The alarm has an optional microwave proximity sensor which beeps when you walk up to it and if you stay too long, it gives a pre-alarm chirp that lets you know that it's about to go mental and it has one chuffing loud alarm but I never had the pin number or certificate. Was going to get it certified by a local fitter and check out the other features but it's definitely a complex piece of kit. ;)

You can lock it with a 4 digit pin and I even managed to disable the push start with a small black button next to the start button. Didn't even know how I did it but wouldn't work after that. I think I pressed the black one whilst turning on the ignition with the key. Not knowing what it did because the previous owner didn't either, I just experimented with it and luckily didn't disable the car permanently.

The one I had didn't have a secondary immobiliser key so it was just unlock and insert in ignition. You can also set timings like how long before it autolocks the doors if you unlock it and don't insert the key in the ignition etc.

Best ask a Dealer for the latest spec's as you can probably update them for all I know. :)

Ah right. I have the S30 installed on mine. But the keynfobs don't work, they light up but dombugger all. I have to start my cr using the keypad on the windscreen.. But definately need a dealer to look at it..

Was it like that when you bought it? I had a .pdf manual somewhere. Must be on the laptop.

Had the S series in my van now for a couple of months, So far so good. I had another Sigma in there before this one cant remember what series it was though, had it in there for about 5 years but it packed up. This one seems much better, it did go of on it's own a few nights after fitting so they turned the ultrasonics down and it's been fine.

OK, good stuff, good to know other people have used the system. I've got a local authorised dealer visiting the car tomorrow. Fingers crossed this guy can get it working. Would be good to get the key fobs working, and the proxy sensors would be marvellous! Though if it does go off, there is a little walk to my garage from my house.. so the neighbours would be a little peed off should it go off in the night :D