The mkiv Supra Owners Club

speedo help needed!?

stu861

:sos: i recently changed my cluster lights in the dash but now the speedo does not work have tried cleaning contacts making sure everything is pushed in properly it all works except speedo not moving at all it was fine before tho!

any ideas before i pull my hair out or take a large hammer to it?? :badmood:

found this box behind the dash with yellow red green and blue wires is this the converter??? and have i put them back in the cluster correctly??

Well that's your convertor alright. I'm sure my wires are different colours unfortunately. If they are wrong the speedo won't do diddly, what make is the convertor? It should be on the small box.

Well that's your convertor alright. I'm sure my wires are different colours unfortunately. If they are wrong the speedo won't do diddly, what make is the convertor? It should be on the small box.

had a look the box has no writing on it at all mate ill just keep swapping the wires and hopefully it should work i guess

Have you connected the dimmer light switch?

I believe when I did mine I panicked my wasn't working and then noticed I hadn't connected the dimmer switch on the right hand side of the dash.

yeah dimmer switch is plugged in mate and working

That's a nasty way to do the conversion, I'd be wanted to rip that all out and do it properly for a start! Can you post a pic of the convertor box as it'll help give an idea what you have there. Most of the cheap ebay ones don't send a corrected output for the variable power steering assistance which can make the car horrible to steer...

That's a nasty way to do the conversion, I'd be wanted to rip that all out and do it properly for a start! Can you post a pic of the convertor box as it'll help give an idea what you have there. Most of the cheap ebay ones don't send a corrected output for the variable power steering assistance which can make the car horrible to steer...

here mate just a small black box it was all done before i brought the car

speedo wires 027.jpg