The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blingtastic hose clamps

SimonB

Thought this might be useful. I really don't like the worm-drive circlip hose clamps you get with FMICs etc, so I've been on the lookout for some better ones that you can actually tighten up without them breaking. I found these from a place called RallyNuts. They are Mikalor Supra Pro W4, and they are extremely high quality, and look the business. They also do some cheaper ones, as these are pretty expensive.

I used the Pro ones for the four clamps visible in the engine bay, and the standard ones for the other clamps. Definitely recommend them, and the shop who also do lots of other motorsport-type stuff like harnesses.

If you have a Blitz FMIC the sizes you need are:

1 x 79-85mm (for 75mm hose to throttle body)

8 x 85-91mm (for 80mm hose. I bought 1 pro and 7 normal)

2 x 73-79mm (for 70mm hose on turbo side)

1 x 68-73mm (for 65mm hose from turbo)

I bought some for the rad pipe too. Only thing you have to worry about now is doing them up too tight and squishing the pipe! :)

Here's a pic:-

http://www.simonshouse.plus.com/clamps.jpg

I have these fitted to my intercooler pipes and there great! I used to keep blowing the silicone hose off the Throttle body at 1.4 bar with Jubilee clips. The Mikalore clamps stoped this happeing and have now been tested up to 1.8 bar without popping off.

Envy carry the full range of Mikalore Supra clamps in stock and at discounted rates.

Thanks

Kevin