The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra feels like a Batmobile!

RickiusMaximus

Hey all, so I decided it was time to upgrade from my Black Celica to a Supra. Found an amazing looking one on E-Bay last Sunday night, went and saw it on Monday afternoon and bought it there and then!

Just a simple Automatic (would have loved a manual but couldn't pass it up), non-turbo, 1995. But it just looks awesome. I feel like Michael Knight in there! It totally puts my Celica to shame!

IMG_0027.jpg

Nice mate. Welcome to the club.

Don't worry, for some reason people are allergic to Veilside here. Or they say that they don't like it but don't know why. Possibly because one person doesn't like it and they feel they must follow. If you like that is all that matters buddy ;)

An NA is a good start but you will soon want a TT... vroooooooooooooom

Welcome, the car looks lovely.

My car was also named the batmobile when it was in getting sprayed. The guy doing the spray told me about people stopping and coming in to ask about it, one of the girls who came in said she thought it was the batmobile and just had to come in for a closer look lol.

Welcome to the club.

Mine has also been called a batmobile... by people who have clearly seen neither of the cars in quite some period of time.

About the Veilside, it's disliked because Veilside is known to be a way of taking away the cars real look in the most meaningful way. It's the same with every car with Veilside. I could go into more detail, but I don't want you to hate you car, especially since the rest of it looks brilliant. :thumbs: And the bumper doesn't even look that bad on your car, with all the other kit parts. :)

Congratulations. I'm sure you two will be happy together. :)

Edited by Attero (see edit history)

Oh I'm definitely keeping the bonnet and bumper. I was actually thinking of making the Toyota symbols black. And I have no idea what the Japanese writing says! Probably "Toyota Supra!" At the bottom of the small window there's a decal that says http://www.mkivsupra.net! That's how I found this place! Also tempted to spray the alloys black. Not sure. Need to look up some pics I think.

So for my job I sometimes need to carry around a few bags of filming equipment, camera, lights etc. I'm fairly certain that the back seat will be big enough but I'm wondering how much people have been able to get in the back in the way of storage?

And how do I change my avatar?

you would be surprised what you can cram in there if your creative enough. I think the most we managed was 3 suitcases and a passenger.

If you need a little extra room take out the space saver wheel and the plastic boot floor thing.

folding the back seat down isnt always the best way to go if you want to fit stuff in. but it depends on the size of your stuff.

you can get 4 wheels + tyres in easily. one in the spare wheel area (you have to get the right one in here. i forget if it has to be a front wheel or a rear wheel. the next 2 dont fit in otherwise). fold the seats down then 2 go on there. then one on the passenger seat. some people prefer to put them on the back seats but ive never managed to get them in that way.

you CAN get 4 people in (and still be legal) if your desperate

Hi mate welcome to the club. Nice looking car - anymore specs on it?

The switch looks like it might alter the colour of your dials/clocks and also the brightness. Turn the ignition on then flick the switch from blue to green and see if your clocks etc light up a different colour.

you would be surprised what you can cram in there if your creative enough. I think the most we managed was 3 suitcases and a passenger.

If you need a little extra room take out the space saver wheel and the plastic boot floor thing.

folding the back seat down isnt always the best way to go if you want to fit stuff in. but it depends on the size of your stuff.

you can get 4 wheels + tyres in easily. one in the spare wheel area (you have to get the right one in here. i forget if it has to be a front wheel or a rear wheel. the next 2 dont fit in otherwise). fold the seats down then 2 go on there. then one on the passenger seat. some people prefer to put them on the back seats but ive never managed to get them in that way.

you CAN get 4 people in (and still be legal) if your desperate

Ive managed in one trip:

Me

Passenger

Stepladders

LPG tank

3 Toolbags

One 50x50x50cm box

And a rucksack with some clothes in. :D