The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Green Supra Crashed on A303 - Anyone here?

Mike_Mac

Looks like another Supra has gone west... :(

I was driving home today on the A303 this afternoon and there was a green stock looking Supra with its front end damaged heading up Chaddenwick Hill just past West Knoyle.

The emergency services were there and I saw a bloke standing talking to them next to it who must have been one of the drivers who stopped to assist. The front end wasn't really badly done in so I don't think the speed was massive, but that section can be a bit slippy.

I hope it wasn't anyone off here, but I still felt gutted for the driver regardless.

Edited by Mike_Mac
Now know what happened - correcting some facts (see edit history)

Unfortunately Mike it was a member . Jen does not post much but loves her car. She rang me when it happened and is gutted as the car has sentimental value for her as well. She is Ok but you can imagine quite shaken. How bad did the car look? as it was a very original really good condition J-spec. She said on the phone it was a write off but that could have been shock etc. at the scene.

Not sure what happened and have not spoken to her tonight as I thought I would leave her in piece as her world will be in turmoil.

Unfortunately Mike it was a member . Jen does not post much but loves her car. She rang me when it happened and is gutted as the car has sentimental value for her as well. She is Ok but you can imagine quite shaken. How bad did the car look? as it was a very original really good condition J-spec. She said on the phone it was a write off but that could have been shock etc. at the scene.

Not sure what happened and have not spoken to her tonight as I thought I would leave her in piece as her world will be in turmoil.

Sorry to hear that, but i'm glad she's ok and that's the main thing. I'd seen her about before, but never when I was in my Supra.

My thoughts were that it was a write off too, unfortunately, as the front was heavily damaged - pushed back about a foot. It looked like it would have affected all the front end, but maybe I'm wrong and it looks worse that it is. Despite that the rest of the car had held up well.

Do you know what actually happened?

Afraid it's a write off guys... You're right Mike, the front end is damaged by about a foot deep and the back end too although not as bad.

Was over taking going up the hill at about 65 - 70mph, as i went over some water on the road i aqua planed, car span hitting the barrier twice (hence the front and back end both damaged) and i stopped in the same lane i was in but further up the road. Airbag didn't deploy and although i was told me braking made my impact worse, if i hadn't i would have ended up in the lane of oncoming traffic. Loads of people very kindly stopped to help me before the emergency services arrived, they shouldn't have got me out the car but it was dripping fuel so of course i got out and they pushed the car into the other lane as there was no hard shoulder. Very shaken with a few torn neck and shoulder muscles, painful knee injury, cuts and bruises, but nothing that won't repair. I'm a very very lucky girl in that respect. With regards to the car... Absolutely gutted!! :cry:

Afraid it's a write off guys... You're right Mike, the front end is damaged by about a foot deep and the back end too although not as bad.

Was over taking going up the hill at about 65 - 70mph, as i went over some water on the road i aqua planed, car span hitting the barrier twice (hence the front and back end both damaged) and i stopped in the same lane i was in but further up the road. Airbag didn't deploy and although i was told me braking made my impact worse, if i hadn't i would have ended up in the lane of oncoming traffic. Loads of people very kindly stopped to help me before the emergency services arrived, they shouldn't have got me out the car but it was dripping fuel so of course i got out and they pushed the car into the other lane as there was no hard shoulder. Very shaken with a few torn neck and shoulder muscles, painful knee injury, cuts and bruises, but nothing that won't repair. I'm a very very lucky girl in that respect. With regards to the car... Absolutely gutted!! :cry:

Really sorry to hear that - I thought something like that had happened - there's lots of imperfections in that section of road and it is quite narrow, especially considering how often it turns and that there's oncoming traffic.

At least it was just you involved and you managed to stay on the right side of the road. Hope you recover quickly.

I did mine 5 weeks ago so i know exactly how you feel, and unfortunatly as it sinks in what has happened you will become even more sad for the car, best thing to do is go out and buy another, glad your ok and i know people say its only metal but its totally true.

Link to my car if your interested http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?236643-Done-a-Video-of-my-new-Supra-and-my-old-1-Started-it-up-after-the-crash.

Aww mate, sorry to hear about yours too, looks much worse than mine i've only got front and rear damage all beit bad but the middle is immaculate. Were you injured? Hope you're ok. Did you recover the vehicle yourself or get it from the insurance company?? I'm debating whether to get mine back... It is only metal and paint at the end of the day but it was my metal and paint, feel sick everytime i think about it. Don't think i'll be getting another one if i'm honest just wouldn't be the same, hope your new project goes well though.

Thanks for all the nice comments guys x