The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RPS Max series clutch with Solid or sprung hub, what is these ?

Batmax

You want sprung if you have an aftermarket solid flywheel such as the RPS one, unsprung if you have a stock flywheel. The springs have nothing to do with the torque capability of the clutch, they are there to remove some of the shock from the drivetrain which you introduce with a non-damped flywheel. You don't want springs and a damped flywheel.

I have Rps twin carbon but I am tired of the noise... it seems it holds my power 550/600hp 600 torque

You're going to need a flywheel as well then since the twin carbon has a flywheel as part of it. If you don't want noise then you're going to want a stock flywheel and an unsprung clutch disc.

Hi

Me again what option I need to choose here :

These was copy from http://powerhouseracing.com/Templates/frmtemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=5&SearchYN=N :

Item RPS Max Series Clutch Kit for 1993-98 Supra TT

Item # RP Max Clutch

The Max Clutch with Street Disc includes an OEM Toyota Clutch Disc for a more Street application and is 38% stiffer than stock.

This kit will support up to 660 foot pounds of torque & 500 RWHP. There is the option of changing your flywheel from the OEM to an RPS Aluminum Flywheel, DO NOT try to resurface because from experience it will not work.

Click here to view actual Clutch.

The Max Clutch with Solid Hub includes RPS Turbo Clutch Pressure Plate and the RPS Carbon Claw 6 puck disc (solid hub) disc. This clutch kit can hold up to 825 foot pounds of torque & is 38% stiffer than stock.

Note: This design is for use with the stock Toyota flywheel.

The Max Clutch with Sprung Hub includes RPS Turbo Clutch Pressure Plate and the RPS Carbon Claw 6 puck disc (sprung hub) disc. This clutch kit can hold up to 825 foot pounds of torque & 800 RWHP or more. This Clutch is 38% stiffer than stock.

And These from http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=200&SearchYN=N:

'RPS Stage 3 Clutch with Sprung Hub for 1993-98 Supra Twin Turbo

Part # RP MS-22170-SP

**ALWAYS IN STOCK**

This package includes the RPS Turbo Clutch Pressure Plate and the RPS Carbon Claw 6 puck disc (sprung hub) disc. This clutch kit can hold up to 825 foot pounds of torque & is 38% stiffer than stock. This design is for use with a lightened flywheel (we recommend the RPS over the other choices). This clutch will hold around 800 RWHP or more.

These last Stage 3 and sprung from PWR are the same right ?