The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone dealt with this eBay seller: Member ID motor-supplier2

BazzaAlpine

Bought this engine off them: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330504490355&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

But it's been a month now and still no engine. Now their feedback is good and registered since 2007 so I would have thought that if they were dodgy they would have been banned by now.

They have always sounded helpful when I've spoken to them and the story so far is:

Courier has it but they have a massive backlog because of the weather.

Couldn't get it in time for the xmas break.

and now it is being returned to the supplier because the courier dropped a loaded pallet onto it and damaged it. Told my garage that and they immediately said I'm being conned.

The supplier has said they will get it back Friday at the latest and will let me know what the damage is as soon as they get it.

Now I'm terrible with giving people the benefit of the doubt but I'm worried :(

Typically I had a couple of Club members offer full TT engines after I paid for this and turned them down.

Guest wantthatone

i would check exactly how long it has been as after so many days you can not make a paypal claim, report this transaction to ebay at once, it can only help your cause! if no problem, then no problem. simples!

ive heard bad things about this co. especially the recon thing too...they dont recon them apparently! so check it out if you get it...but open a dispute with ebay/paypal if its through them....

sure a member on here went to court over them too about an engine? last year iirc?

ive heard bad things about this co. especially the recon thing too...they dont recon them apparently!

If they do everything they say on the advert, they're making next to nothing on them.

As said I would open a dispute with Pay Pal/Ebay.

Thanks guys. Going to see what they say by the end of the week. End of the day if the engine is legit then the 6 months unlimited waranty sounds appealing. Damn luck I have I might need it. You do know the reason Suprapod got rained off was because I was there right ;)

Keron I can't find anything about them on here, any chance you can dig up the thread for me? NM Think I found it and doesn't look good. For the price I'm paying (and I think it's for pretty much just the block) it damn well better be reconditioned. What would be a good way to tell? If it is the same guy it at least looks like he's learnt a bit and doesn't force people to give good feedback before giving the waranty.

I already quiried them about the pic they used and they knew it was a different type but 'assured me' the engine I was getting was a non-vvti TT block.

Edited by BazzaAlpine
Found the threads (see edit history)

Right, apparently there is a crack in the block so that is going nowhere. I've bumped my wanted thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?234826-Re-Opened!-Need-an-engine as I want to see what anyone can come up with by 5.30 today. The seller has said there is a new one on a container due in next week and can be at my garage via overnight soon as customs clear it. The cars been off road over a month already though thanks to this nonsense and I damn well want it back. If someone can give me a call / pm with what they can offer that would be great and I can tell this seller to refund me. Otherwise I'm stuck with the waiting game for another bloody week.

Dont moan about you supra being off the road for a month while we had this snow pal. Moan when you ant got the car in the summer months lol

Unfortunately I live in an area that had next to nothing in the way of snow and the roads were fine after a couple of days (and was driving the supra when the first snow hit and had no problem driving in it). On top of that I've had to borrow a car and that is costing me money.