The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saving the chrome

Sakey

I have been refurbing my lights (melting them in the oven and anything ;) ) but the chrome on one of my lights looks very worn in places, and non existent in others! :(

Is there a way of repainting/repairing the chrome without losing the chrome effect. I dont want to repaint them black as other people have done.

I've got some halfrauds "chrome" paint, or sliver to everyone else in the world, but its nowhere near the look of orignial.

Has anyone refurbed the light chrome / fixed this problem?

Cheers guys,

I did try a bit of Plastikote too, it was a bit better but not quite as refective as I would hope. More than the Halfrauds shite anyways.

Jay, I'm not really a fan of colour coded lights, think it makes the front look too much colour, less is more ya know... unless its orange! :D

Think what i'm looking for is a way to chrome the plastic to the same level it was done in the first place. Not sure how hard and expensive it is or if I can't do it myself where to get it done.