The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ACPT Carbon Prop.

JamieP

Got my new propshaft today, well happy with it, did some research and this seemed the best option for me, not the lightest of carbon props, 5lb saving over stock, but hopefully the strongest and good balancing i hope, Ive had a prop smash into my old supra twice, split the floor open both times and i dont fancy it happening again, few members asked for pictures so here they are:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

No chance a stone would damage it mate, wait till you see how many layers there are and how much clear coat is on it.

It was something lee just mentioned to me.

The two you knackered can you remember what hp you were running.

It does look the nuts though mate.

It was something lee just mentioned to me.

The two you knackered can you remember what hp you were running.

It does look the nuts though mate.

About 600bhp, i drove like an animal back then though, lots of rolling burnouts holding it on the brakes etc, Both times before was due to the donut failing, i dont have a donut now.

Main worry for me was it failing on the drag strip with drag wheels and hard starts, very common with the stock prop, they twist, if it finished my day out id be gutted.

Very nice indeed mate :)

I wonder if anyone does an uprated donut (no use to you I know).

Cheers mate,

Dude had one a while back, big lump of machined alloy to replace the donut.

would this one fit a small case diff .

Im not sure if it will fit your 6 speed with small diff combo mate, better to change to big diff anyhow as stronger.

Jesus you mangled those up. Right ok thanks.

It's a shame it's not on show as it looks a right bit of kit.

There not mine, i just stole that pic off supraforums, lots of threads over there about twisted stock props, very common in drag racing.

The US guys can't believe we don't change props when we go single, the 2 piece has so many weak points, centre mount and donut, I think the donut really is the weak point which is why I had the ally one made, just need someone to test it now..........Mr Newman?????????? Nice prop JP but please put a prop hoop on, our cars are pretty close on power etc and I would not consider running without one, if the prop snaps at the front and digs in the car will flip forward and it will snap prob going 1-2 or 2-3 either way it will be messy, you are welcome to borrow mine and get it copied.

Hey Dude, Nur Motorsport was planned to make me a prop hoop but as there was no exhaust on the car Noel wanted to wait till the car is back together so there is no clearance issues, if you can get me one copied it would be handy mate?

I will have one of those as well John if you can copy yours. :)

OK guys i will get a price on getting them copied, mine is as small as poss and wont foul any exhausts, JP I thought you had a good guy for metal work????? Im not interested in a profit from these as both you guys need them and Mark as well so whatever works best.