The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another Tyre Recommendation Thread

ScottC

I'm in need of some new front tyres for my N/A but I am at a total loss in what to go for.

I only drive the car for a few thousand miles a year and it hardly ever gets used in the winter. I'm was hoping to get something for around the £150 each.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.:)

My current fronts are 245/45/18

Your budget is quite generous. I just put Falken 452s all round on my TT for £470 including vat..!!

The Vreds are good but seem to have increased in price significantly in the last couple of years. I used to run Dunlop SP9000's and they were fantastic on my NA but they too have rocketed in price, hence why I went for the Falkens.

H.

Scott I'd also highly recommend the - VREDESTEIN ULTRAC SESSANTA

I have them on my car (on the rears) and they really keep the back in line on boost! Plus they wear really well, I think I must have done over 10,000 miles on mine and I've had them on the car over a year! I'll soon need to change them but I'll be going with the same tyres again. I was going to go with some Toyo's but the guy who I know at Elite Direct recommend me to try these at £115 a tyre (255/45/17).

Plus found them quite good in the rain, the continental sport I had on were rubbish in the rain! Quite scary in fact!

Falken 452 are fine for an NA, I had them on mine and even used them at brands :thumbs:

what would you recommend for a 600bhp single - 285 size?

I was looking to go for the Falkens (never used them on the supra before) as I cant find Eagle GSD3s and Vredestein dont do that size :(

I think Falkens are good, but I have read a lot of bad press about them.

After reading the tyre bible page and how different tyre paters move water I don't really see how the Vrads are better then them in the wet. I understnad the better stability in corners from Vrads though.

I wish....

for daily driving in London and in all weather driving conditions :)

Not sure matey, I havent looked into it as I only run R888s on mine, I think JamieP ran the 452s on his single but he didnt rate them with lots of power.

I would look at maybe the Toyo T1R or the new R1R http://www.toyo.co.uk/productdetail.php?identity=products&product_id=67

T1-R is a good tyre, but I've heard the R1-R isn't so good. The person I spoke to got a set free and tore them to pieces pretty much straight away.

They are supposed to sit between the R888 and T1R, interesting, how long did they last and what was he doing to them.

They are supposed to sit between the R888 and T1R, interesting, how long did they last and what was he doing to them.

He's a fairly high level drifter... Toyo gave him a set for free and he only got a few runs out of them apparently. I almost bought some until I spoke to him about it and he really talked me out of it. He was not a happy camper.

I'd be interested in seeing how they perform on a road Supra though. Last time I heard Toyo weren't going to sell them in the UK - I suppose they've gone back on that one.