The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looks like a nice Supra for the money

tooquicktostop

Lets forget the trader for this one please

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201037368231703/sort/priceasc/usedcars/model/supra/make/toyota/page/4/postcode/rm191tl/radius/1501?logcode=p

This looks like a nice car for the money?

It would need some research on the ECU controlling all this but would be a good weekend car and bring me back to Supra ownership with single power for good TT money?

Worth a look but I have a funny feeling if anyone went to see that, that knew what they were doing, they would walk away. The pictures are shocking, looks like they rubbed vaseline on the lens before taking them, and that is a trader. Look at the weld on the BOV for example, also what is the turbo kit in question? And a bleed valve? Not even a proper boost controller lol. Can't go off that advert at all.

As per the other thread i would buy that if it was closer without a thought, Me and Lee could strip that in a day and there is a few bob to be made on that i can promise you.

Agreed, I am as you know aware of the possible issues and what to look for, I see the car in the same way, a possible bargain with a bit of TLC if the basics are in order

looks like a potential bargain defo worth a look id say, but what if something is wrong with transmission or the engine the breaking might not be as appealing then..

i would go check it out mate, it might be a bargain mate.

Unlikely there would be anything wrong with the box but that would be seen on the test drive, even if the engine was poorly still make good money splitting the lump.

looks like a potential bargain defo worth a look id say, but what if something is wrong with transmission or the engine the breaking might not be as appealing then..

i would go check it out mate, it might be a bargain mate.

Would you buy it Jurgen at this price ?

Any members who know what they are looking at live close enough to have a butchers for me ?

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)

Would you buy it Jurgen at this price ?

Any members who know what they are looking at live close enough to have a butchers for me ?

if this was from japan and for sale for that price YES 100%..

i have even considered buying that for stock too..but i prefer direct from japan..

what you need to check is..

1-engine ok (smokey, low comp)

2.gearbox ok (crunchy)

3.genuine RZ ? (always effects resale)

4.genuine 6 speed ? (as above)

5.paint ok ? good respray ? (could be 2k job)

6.heater matrix ok ?

7.brakes ok ?

8.suspension ok ?

9.any crash history ?

10.mapping needed.

11. tyres ok ?

if all that ticks good , then your onto a winner mate ;-), if not then it might cost you a few £ more to get it better..

or you can break it also..

Unlikely there would be anything wrong with the box but that would be seen on the test drive, even if the engine was poorly still make good money splitting the lump.

it is highly unlikeley but we have had x2 6 speeds Gearboxes fail before, add-heywoods and gantys on here one was BPU other single turbo,..(both were fixed under warranty by us).. it wasnt cheap lol