The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear seat delete

evinX

Hey all, i recently removed my rear seats, got some subwoofer carpet and cut some to length, using the original pop caps to join the carpet to the boot carpet and chassis of the supra.

And to be fair it looks cheap as hell, you can see the chassis and bolts for the belts on each side. Im after something that fits and looks smart. Ive seen mvp do a delete kit for $250 but thats a bit steep, i might as well look for some matching facelift rear seats! Anyone deleted their rears and got something nice?

thanks, Kev

Ive never seen a rear seat delete i like, rear seats weigh so little i dont see the point tbh.

But i just done see the point of rear seats:D with my seat position, nobody can fit in the rear, not even a little one. I do like the blanked area though, just makes more sence to me. Saying that if anyones breaking a 1998 vvti tt 6 speed, ill take the rear seats:D

With my buckets and roll cage nobody can get in the back of mine either, it looks naff without the seats though and the seats keep road noise down.

Yea thats something thats been at the back of my mind, that noise does do my head in, so im thinking i should just hold out until i find a facelift breaker...

monsween now owns the rear seat delete that jay had (unsure if jay made it himself) he may have pics or jay might, but it looked pretty neat when i saw it.

EDIT- clearly too slow there lol

Pics guys! if i can figure out how its made ill give it a go!

I dont have pics at the moment and im away from the car til the weekend. Will try get them then and believe me you'll be suitable impressed at how simple it is.

Its basically 2" foam cut out to fill the seat recesses and give an almost flat join between the boot floor and seat bottom

I dont have pics at the moment and im away from the car til the weekend. Will try get them then and believe me you'll be suitable impressed at how simple it is.

Its basically 2" foam cut out to fill the seat recesses and give an almost flat join between the boot floor and seat bottom

Sweet mate, thats an idea and i can get the stuff to! please remember to get a pic or ill pm you over the weekend? as this is a must atm and yours sounds promising:D wooo

I found that using the best quality carpet from a reagular carpet store (whatever that is called) resulted in the best result. It nicely blended into the Supras ok carpet quality compared to the stuff you get at auto shops. Also added a luggage net and some leather straps for a bit more contemporary OEM look. The crappy strut bare is actually mainly there to keep baggage from flying through the cabin in case of hard braking and/or to tie things to.

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/public/rearseat1.jpg

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/public/rearseat2.jpg

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/public/rearseat3.jpg

i have removed the rear seats on mine and replaced them with a 12" sub and two amps.

thought it was the best idea as u cant get people in the back anyways.

i bolted the sub box in the centre then used two light weight 2 ply boards eitherside of the box and coverd them in carpet.

then placed the the 2 amps on them ever side.

if u want can take some pics of it.

probly not to everyone liken but woks well for me. got some decent tunes and only added about 18kg

I found that using the best quality carpet from a reagular carpet store (whatever that is called) resulted in the best result. It nicely blended into the Supras ok carpet quality compared to the stuff you get at auto shops. Also added a luggage net and some leather straps for a bit more contemporary OEM look. The crappy strut bare is actually mainly there to keep baggage from flying through the cabin in case of hard braking and/or to tie things to.

http://idisk.me.com/stefanbovien/public/rearseat1.jpg

Now, I like that idea with the net!

Put em back in keV. Or just leave the seats folded down. It looks odd with nothing there. I'm sure there will be a point you wished you had them.

I've had 4 people in my car when there was no other option to get home and my driving position will be the same as yours.