The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sunvisor screen fitted successfully in passanger side

jonshaw_uk

well after every passanger that has got in my car for the past 3 weeks comlaining that they are unabel to see the motorised screen that i have above the headunit i decided to go and buy a sunvisor screen and fit intoi the passanger side and wire it to the dvd player to stop them all winging at me.

Any way it arrived yesterday morning so as soon as i got home i started to fit it. After about an hour or 2 of fiddling and chaing the mounting brackets she fitted quite tidy. It also has a built in tv tuner so they can either watch the dvd player or normal tv.

I will get some pics later and post up

Has anybody else fitted one of these ? I know that paul3k bought one but it didnt fit so he didnt finish fitting it. if nobody has then i maty be first to do something like this - all for a peaceful life

it wasnt that hard to fit - the trickiest part was trying to plug the wirng harness to the connector in the sunvisor screen.

I managed to hide all of my cables in the door pillar and the connectors in the hole above the roof lining.

It looks awesome - i need to connect the arial input upto the ariel as the signal isnt strong enough to give a clear picture everywhere i go. but i only bought it to wire the dvd player up to

The quallity that i get when playing a dvd on it from the headunit is awesome. A proper bargain at £75 brand new and came complete with remote control and cables and connectors. I will get some pics a video of them in action later.

Go on lovatt give it a go - it took me about 2 hours but im a novice and not mechanically minded in the slightest

Hi paul

i got it off my cousin - he went to Honk Kong a few weeks ago and bought back some bits for me. I also have one of those tiny cameras that can be put in your number plate which i will wire up when i fit my Audiobahn install in the next few weeks

They are on ebay as well but ive heard dodgy things about them which is why my cousin took my visor with him to get a near identical match both in size and colour

This sounds excellent, I've been trying to find a way to put a screen in the Supra ever since I first brought it.

I've run out of space in the centre console (various Stereo Bit's and fuel controllers taking up the space) so fitting into the visor would solve the problem.

Make and model number of the screen would be appreciated so that I can start searching the net for one.

Any ideas on a nice smallish DVD player for the glovebox would be appreciated as well.

hi Dave

leave it with me and i will email a mate of mine who i bought my in dash dvd player and screen from and see if he can get hold of any of these sunvisor screens and a cost and i will you know.

Do you want it to have a built in tv tuner or just a screen which can be linked to a dvd player? I know that he sells the small portable dvd players so i can get a price if you want

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

Can you have one that has the tuner AND a DVD connection?

That's what I'd want.

(where does the tuner get it's signal from? (where's the aerial?))

Originally posted by jonshaw_uk

it wasnt that hard to fit - the trickiest part was trying to plug the wirng harness to the connector in the sunvisor screen.

I managed to hide all of my cables in the door pillar and the connectors in the hole above the roof lining.

It looks awesome - i need to connect the arial input upto the ariel as the signal isnt strong enough to give a clear picture everywhere i go. but i only bought it to wire the dvd player up to

The quallity that i get when playing a dvd on it from the headunit is awesome. A proper bargain at £75 brand new and came complete with remote control and cables and connectors. I will get some pics a video of them in action later.

Go on lovatt give it a go - it took me about 2 hours but im a novice and not mechanically minded in the slightest

Originally posted by jonshaw_uk

i got it off my cousin - he went to Honk Kong a few weeks ago and bought back some bits for me. I

can u find out from your cousin whereabouts in hong kong as im going in feb for a few days and wouldnt mind picking up some cheap bits like this for the car

i may be tempted to sell mine as they are just sitting there and i never have time to put it all in, my sub amps and power cam have been in storage for over 19 months and i can see it being another 19 before i have time to fit the screens

Not really interested in the TV tuner part, just the DVD side to keep the wife quiet on long journeys (she starts to scream when the speed gets on the high side).

A price for the sunvisor screen and a small DVD player would be excellent thanks.