The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Happy 10th Anniversary mkivsupra.net

DodgyRog

Just wishing the club well and thanking everyone involved

The club has been a major factor in me keeping the Supra so long and has helped me out of a hole on many occassions, as well as digging a hole for me with the wife, with all the bits I have bought though the club(the must have part that never comes up 2nd hand;))

I have not heard much about any plans for any events to celebrate and am just wandering if any more thoughts were in the planing stage, just curious really and trying to plan ahead a little with how I use my holiday time.

I still think the Lands End to John O'Groats is a good idea in principle, but a bit of a headache on the planing side I guess

Happy Anniversary!

I'd also like to thank the club and it's members for being so welcoming when I first joined and making me realise I wanted to get a Supra and stick around :thumbs:

I'll be able to participate in events this year when they come up :)

I had a plan to do something every month but due to a general malaise at the end of last year we are scaling things back.

Current list is

March - exclusive cinema trip in London, Birmingham and Newcastle

April - birthday party at a hotel in midlands of Milton Keynes

May - european trip (supraturbochris organising hopefully)

June - thunderroad or 0-100mph event

August - Suprapod

September - LLandow

We should have JAE in there somewhere too but not sure on that yet.

We also have a new clothing supplier coming online and will have 10th anniversary clothing available through them.

Happy New Year to you all, heres to another great 10 years.

Didnt realise there was any form of malaise (I had to Google it as well)

Looks like we might be going to Florida at the end of the after all

Off the list LLandow and possibly SupraPod, if I can convince the missis to let me put the cash into SupraPod again

European trip is just going to be out of the question for me I think, so Japfest is usually May, so might go again this year, but not 100% on that either at the moment

I was generally hoping for some sort of UK road trip Gunball style,as we have the car for driving.

The reason I thought the Lands End to John O'Groats might work, was because people from all over the country could do there section of it if they didnt want to do the whole thing

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Malaise - 1. a feeling of unease or depression

Malaise - 2. a vague or unfocused feeling of mental uneasiness, lethargy, or discomfort.

We had a huge amount of interest in events at the start of the year last year, but something happened from September onwards and we just couldnt get people to come to anything. I also seem to be struggling to get events mods to help me with any of the above events so it is with great thanks that Supraturbochris is doing the Eurotrip, looks like the rest are down to me to organise.

I like this place. Have made some very good friends since joining. One friend made on here is giving my other half away at our wedding later on in the year. Hopefully he gets a good price for her :D

Always some crazy thread on the go which makes for interesting reading.

Have also seen some great projects in 2010 and look forward to seeing some more.

In relation to events i think most people have had to be careful with the pennies nearing the end of last year as its a struggle for many at Xmas. But i'm sure members would be willing to help out the events organisers if asked.

Love the southwest get togethers aswel and we also had blackie and karolinas wedding.

BRING ON THE SUMMER.

So, how long has the forum been going then?

H.

well, if I was to say 10 years would that be a shock? ;)

I believe we started on something like April 24th 2001 but cannot find the exact date. The plan is to have a birthday party at the start of April to avoid clashes with stuff I have in April.

I believe we started on something like April 24th 2001 but cannot find the exact date. The plan is to have a birthday party at the start of April to avoid clashes with stuff I have in April.

You joined on 25th April 2001 :)

Great. So it coincides with the anniversary aswell?:D

H.

The domain name was purchased on 13th April 2001 so it was all formed around then, hence why we cannot set an exact date on when it started. We then had to set the forum up, test it and make sure it was good to go before I announced it to the old smartgroups mail list.

So we see April as the anniversary date.

The domain name was purchased on 13th April 2001 so it was all formed around then, hence why we cannot set an exact date on when it started. We then had to set the forum up, test it and make sure it was good to go before I announced it to the old smartgroups mail list.

So we see April as the anniversary date.

I'm say 25th as that's when you joined and if you set it up then that should be the date.

April in general is easier though :D

Thanks for organising the events for next year, I'm sure it takes a lot of hard work!

I had a plan to do something every month but due to a general malaise at the end of last year we are scaling things back.

Current list is

April - birthday party at a hotel in midlands of Milton Keynes

That sounds cool, Posh frocks and everthing?

I had to google "malaise" :D is that really the case?

Didnt realise there was any form of malaise (I had to Google it as well)

I just took a guess :D

I'm going to be looking at hotels shortly to see what we can find. The key part is that they have a good pub next door and also have a late licence so when the pub shuts the party carries on. More than likely going for Birmingham as thats about as central as we can get, it has a fairly reasonable night life and there are loads of hotels in the area.