The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra'S turbo SOUND

ardasaliah

Just a thought- Why is the supra's turbos loader then other turbo car?. My brothers got a 300zx TT no sound. A mates got a 200sx- again cant hear the turbos. They find the woooooshing sound music to their ears.

What is it about them that makes them noisy (mechanically)

Is the 300zx sequential(sp) twin turbo? A lot of people say the turbo is loud. I think it's because the first turbo comes on line at low revs, so it's louder than the exhaust, and road noise. Where as most turbo cars, the turbo comes on-line at 4-45k revs, so harder to hear.

It's always nice to drive with the windows open, stero off, just engine tune and turbos to listen to.:D :D

Originally posted by ardasaliah

the 300zx is not a sequential set up. Can’t hear a thing. They work he get 0.6 bar stock Not as quick as supra

i ran a mines ecu and put 1mm boost jets and ran 1 bar in my old 300zx and it seemed very fast.

Guest Dave_Refault

I reckon part of it is because the 300's turbos are right at the very front of the car, under lots of bodywork and panelling.

Hence the bitch of a job to remove them!

Originally posted by Dave_Refault

I reckon part of it is because the 300's turbos are right at the very front of the car, under lots of bodywork and panelling.

Hence the bitch of a job to remove them!

Blimey it's Dave Refault, the worlds oldest Newbie !

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/1656/3660.jpg

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

Is that the sort of whoosing noise a bit like a jet engine starting up? What revs does is start, around 3000 odd...?

Everyone who's been in my car loves the whistling first turbo :thumbs:

i think so m8, mine wooshes a bit then twitters a bit then wooshes a bit louder and then goes mental:D :cool: i love it:p