The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aeromotions R2 Dynamic Wing Install

Guest Joshua

Titan Motorsports installed an Aeromotions R2 Dynamic Wing for me. It has a 65 inch Carbon Fiber wing blade and aircraft aluminum uprights with 14 degrees of wing angle adjustment. The total weight of the wing, uprights and actuator control module with servos is about ~17 lbs!

The wing is really cool, it has an actuator mounted inside the trunk, Titan came up with a really slick lightweight mount (see pic below). There is a computer that controls the wing angle to deliver the right down force for each type of track section. There is a cornering setting, brake setting (max down force) and straight away setting (0 degree wing angle).

I was really fortunate that Greg Mark, one of the Co-Founders of Aeromotions was going to PRI in Orlando and asked if my car was at Titan…and if it was he would take time away from the conference and tune the wing for max down force which would be used the braking setting and then we could set the cornering setting from that. For other cars like the GTR and Porsches, they have a plug-and-play tunes, but for the Supra, there wasn’t one…well until now.

There is a point where the wing will stall and no longer produce down force, so having him figure out that point will really help make using this setup much easier and less trial and error during testing.

Here is a short video of the wing on my car and how the max down force was determined:

Nice looking car, i take it you race it? any videos?

The car is being set up and developed for TimeAttack...

Here are a few videos: