The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra garage photo advice please?

Eddie-S

I've just uploaded a few photo's for the first time and even though I thought they were pretty basic and only taken with my phone I had to crop each one quite a bit so that they met the size limit.

Looking at some other garages they seem to have the overall content that mine did before the cropping. So how do you do it....?

Cheers Steve

I know I should probably know how to do all that stuff but I will have to figure it out.... bit of a techno phobe to be honest. 'img' completely lost me and I've seen references to photo bucket but not got clue....

I'll start with my phone settings.

Cheers chaps

I know I should probably know how to do all that stuff but I will have to figure it out.... bit of a techno phobe to be honest. 'img' completely lost me and I've seen references to photo bucket but not got clue....

I'll start with my phone settings.

Cheers chaps

If you want pictures in the description like in my garage upload your pictures to photobucket or the like and copy the IMG code into the description of the car.

http://photobucket.com/

The problem is the size of the image. It is a very easy fix. Rather than cropping them you simply resize them. You can download a program that will automatically do this for you, I have a very easy to use one of you PM me your email I will send it over.

The other option is to open the photo in paint then, if using Windows 7, click "Resize". Click "Pixles" and then choose the size you want, around 800 horizontal is usually a good enough base for on here. If you are using XP or another paint version the "Resize" option will probably be called "Stretch/Skew" or something like that, and inside the menus. I can't remember it's exact location.

HTH

Cheers Jamie, your photo's look really good and I've had a quick look at photobucket, but what's an 'IMG code'?

When you upload a photo to PhotoBucket there are a few boxes underneath and one of them says "IMG code" and you just copy and paste that into a post on here and it will post it up as a large picture rather than a thumbnail.

Go into Google images and type something in. Bring up the full size picture then copy the whole web address. Start a new post and put [img*] paste the web address here [*/IMG] but without the spaces and *'s.

That way you can post images rather than putting them up as an attachment.

:)