The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM V2 Sales Thread on SF Resolved

Geo

As some of you may know, there was a bit of bad mouthing with some people on SF about the AEM v2 sales. Think Jamie posted the Original thread. One of the members finally got the Answer. Read Below

This was copied and pasted from SF. So its got nowt to do with me

Alright guys, if we all remember back to November there was a thread on here regarding an alleged prohibition of Series2 AEM EMS sales on Supraforums. http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=614773

Well curiousity got the best of me, so shortly after that thread was posted, and quickly locked down, I PM'ed WillatSupraforums to get AEM Legal's contact information. I was dying to know how AEM could justify restricting the sale of the EMS they developed but sell to consumers and if there was any notice given to purchasers. Well, this whole thing just popped back into my head today. Up to this point, I still haven't received a PM back from WillatSupraforums with any contact information from AEM. So I figure he's probably a busy guy so I would just do the legwork myself.

I contacted AEM at 310-484-2322 where I spoke to Customer Service, ext. 300, and was connected to Travis. I began to tell him of my interest in acquiring one of the Series2 EMS's for my Supra, but was concerned with the restriction imposed by AEM on the future resale of EMS's such that only dealers would be able to do so. Travis was puzzled for a moment and then eventually broke the silence with a "Are you serious? Where did you get this information? And no that's nothing I've ever heard of." When I went on to give further information regarding the alleged ban by Supraforums' in response to AEM's VP's wishes, he said AEM "Could care less what customers do with it once they acquire it. You guys can where it as a hat for all we care. The only thing I have ever known of was that AEM isn't cool the listing of used EMS's being listed as Brand new in box if they are in fact used. All sales are fine by AEM as long as there is nothing relating to fraud or misrepresenation."

So... WillatSupraforums, or anyone in charge of forum operations, maybe the best thing to do is try to get in touch with AEM and get the real scoop on their limitations. Because, as I said, AEM was very surprised to hear about this.