The mkiv Supra Owners Club

running better when engine is cold,NOT COLD AIR

mellonman

Cold map is quite rich and exspecially if your car is decatted jdm, it can produce more boost due rich map and cold winter air = more power. What boost pressure are you seeing when car is running normal temperature? What on cold?

When engine reach normal operation temp, it starts to read for example stock o2 sensor under 4000rpm, maby you got some other prob with your car = when ecu goes to normal running map it feels sluggish :)

Well the cold air is not the factor as its still the same cold air when engine is warm, but the boost picks up so much more quicker and when warm getting 0.90 in a high gear but when cold I got 0.98 in first or second its a auto, so does just sound like cold map makes sence with the work I have been having done

Well the cold air is not the factor as its still the same cold air when engine is warm, but the boost picks up so much more quicker and when warm getting 0.90 in a high gear but when cold I got 0.98 in first or second its a auto, so does just sound like cold map makes sence with the work I have been having done

You didn't answer what airfilter you were using.

If a cone filter was fitted, it would initially be sucking in cool air, but once the engine had warmed up it would be sucking in the heated air under the bonnet, so you'd notice a drop off in performance. Compared to the stock airbox where the engine would be constantly fed with cool air from outside the engine bay.

oil up to temp yes,

but water is always best when its cold? as cools the engine?

The water heats up in a couple of mins the oil takes a while, the whole lot needs to be uo to temperature before the car is driven hard, an engine running too cool is as bad as one running too hot.

The water heats up in a couple of mins the oil takes a while, the whole lot needs to be uo to temperature before the car is driven hard, an engine running too cool is as bad as one running too hot.

yea i know the oil needs to be warm,

but i mean you dont wait wor the water to warm up, just the oil.

the cooler the water the better isnt it, as cools the engine better.

the oil is different tho

yea i know the oil needs to be warm,

but i mean you dont wait wor the water to warm up, just the oil.

the cooler the water the better isnt it, as cools the engine better.

the oil is different tho

No it is just as important for the water to be warm as well as the oil, it is running the engine at these low temps that wears it out more than anything, there is a lister diesel engine that has been running for over 100 years never being switched off !!!!!!! Its a bit of a moot point because the oil will take a lot longer to heat up than the water, if the oil is up to temp the water will have been up to temp a long time before.

You didn't answer what airfilter you were using.

If a cone filter was fitted, it would initially be sucking in cool air, but once the engine had warmed up it would be sucking in the heated air under the bonnet, so you'd notice a drop off in performance. Compared to the stock airbox where the engine would be constantly fed with cool air from outside the engine bay.

sorry mate i have stock air box just with a blits panel filter,