The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I've got an itch....

Guest stylesa

Guest stylesa

Hi all,

Im Adrian, currently the owner of a modified DC5. I have had the Supra itch for quite some time now....thinking it may just be getting close to the time to scratch it!

Thought there would be no better place to look than on here...need to get myself familiarised with whats good and whats not.... im not used to the world of forced induction.... much to learn.

Seeing posts like 1280 euros for a set of tyres does scare me a little though!

Just thought i would say hello.

My previous car was also a DC5 very similar to yours. I only bought it of my brother in Aberdeen because he was moving back to Brazil and I was moving to Portugal. It was practical for both of us to do the exchange at the time. I really enjoyed the DC5 and miss it time to time, I only kept it for 6 months though before trading it in for the supra below.

here is a Pic of my old DC5:

Here is the pic of my Supra:

You won't regret it, the engineering of the supra is fascinating and the possibilities for improvements are endless...!

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)

I always wanted a DC5 but worried that they would not be quick enough or have the build quality of the Supra.

There are a few nice cars up for sale at the moment. December/Jan are the best months to buy if you want to get a bargain. When the sun comes back then good deals will be harder to find and won't hang around as long.

Good luck with the search.

H.

Guest stylesa

Thanks for the comments guys. The DC5 is a great car, it virtually has no running costs, handles fantastic and mine is 225bhp/ton, its no slouch in a straight line. obvioulsy not as quick as some of you guys tho.

The EK9 isnt mine, but it has a 435bhp/320lbft 1.8L Turbo under the bonnet...its wow!

I've been looking for a while now but im quite picky, i want a single/TT manual that looks relatively standard on the outside and has some engine mods, im not really into body kits and such like. Nothing really jumping out at me atm. Just have to keep looking......

Guest stylesa

Cheers. i stay in garthdee and work in riverside house. Would be good to get a run in one, only been in one briefly..but loved it.

Seems like a very friendly forum.

I may have seen your DC5 around, its starting to look familiar.

We ave some regular meets up in Aberdeen, just mates hanging around rather than the supra forum ones. Myself and MarcAB10 have supra's at these wee meets. Next one i'll give you a shout for and you can lets us look at that DC5. Will be mid january i think.

Guest stylesa

It has been garaged for the last 2 months since the snow came on but it will make an appearance again soon.

That'd be good cheers.... hopefully the snow doesnt come back!

Welcome!

Is that Mike Dunlevy's black ek9 with leiths old mb6 engine in it then? crazy civic that! :D

I've seen your car a few times going about Aberdeen, looks cool, you might recognise kieran or my supra from going about.

here's mine-

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18771&d=1293128243

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=18464&d=1288136921

as monsween said, we have meets at union square pretty often, you should come along. :thumbs:

Guest stylesa

Yeh i have seen you quite a few times marc, recognise the plate and lip spoiler.... i would definitely be keen for a meet.

Yeh im good friends with mike, thats his car, thats actually a photo out at his house... i still havent been in it since he got it back, he's hardly driven it since he got it back from CPL. saw him at the gym yesterday, its booked into custom cages in the new year! its a crazy machine!

Yeh i have seen you quite a few times marc, recognise the plate and lip spoiler.... i would definitely be keen for a meet.

Yeh im good friends with mike, thats his car, thats actually a photo out at his house... i still havent been in it since he got it back, he's hardly driven it since he got it back from CPL. saw him at the gym yesterday, its booked into custom cages in the new year! its a crazy machine!

ah cool, i met him a few years ago i think, i'm mates with Leith the guy he got the engine from originally.

We usually arrange the meets on our facebook page now, it's just a bit of a laugh really, currently getting one arranged for next year-

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Team-Beard/157593177599341

I may have seen your DC5 around, its starting to look familiar.

We ave some regular meets up in Aberdeen, just mates hanging around rather than the supra forum ones. Myself and MarcAB10 have supra's at these wee meets. Next one i'll give you a shout for and you can lets us look at that DC5. Will be mid january i think.

ive seen your DC5 going about aswell, welcome to the club. marc and kieran arent the only supra owners that show face at these meets :p but they are the only 2 that have manual and TT, ive got an auto N/A (green), still a great car though and dont be put off by the auto box.