The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your 2011 Supra plans?

JamieP

Forum seems a bit quiet so thought this may make an interesting read, whats your 2011 plans for your supra?

Got a few things going on with mine, doubt i will bother with another project thread.

New lump being built now, bigger cams/double valve springs, flowing the head, billet main caps going in.

Got a ACPT carbon prop going in and a ETS 5" intercooler.

Hypertune intake manifold with ID2200cc injectors and twin wastegate exhaust manifold.

Going back to fitting a rollcage and bucket seats an all.

I want a new turbo but im waiting to see what comes out yet.

Looking forward to getting it back and some dry roads:)

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately I need a new battery as Redtops are shite, so that is no.1 on the list.

Other than that I just plan on enjoying it the way it is this year and cracking on with a single install next year (collecting the kit if I can this year).

First time ive heard that, ive always had them, current one is about 5 years old.

My plans for the car are simple and mainly cosmetic,

Carbon Rear Diffuser

Carbon Lip Spoiler

Debadge Boot / Nose

ICE system

New wheels and Tyres for trackdays

Wishlist / Engine Management, Single Turbo and 600hp (unlikely to be 2011)

Also saving for a garage/gym before the weather sets in again next year!!

First time ive heard that, ive always had them, current one is about 5 years old.

Yours a daily(ish) driver though mate. I was warned away from them when I was looking to buy one but I didn't listen, as it fits my battery cage. If you even think of deep cylcing it it will be game over for the battery. I didn't drive mine for 3 months and now it is dead, my car won't even idle properly after being jump started lol.

Not sure what I am going to do battery wise :(

1. j-spec rear brakes to accomadate 15" x 12" lightweight rims :D

2. diff ratio change

3. session on dyno - race map

4. engine kill switch (interior + exterior)

5. new drivers seat

6. get sound system working after cutting all cablesout when stripping interior :(

7. fit new rev counter and shift light

8. fit engine start button

9. make & fit front and rear towing eyes

10. NOS :eyebrows:

Yours a daily(ish) driver though mate. I was warned away from them when I was looking to buy one but I didn't listen, as it fits my battery cage. If you even think of deep cylcing it it will be game over for the battery. I didn't drive mine for 3 months and now it is dead, my car won't even idle properly after being jump started lol.

Not sure what I am going to do battery wise :(

Got ya, yeah untill recently i would use it 3 or 4 times a week, hope its ok after the rebuild.

Sell the car and buy a Ford F350.

Ehh? have you even driven it yet since going T6?

Got ya, yeah untill recently i would use it 3 or 4 times a week, hope its ok after the rebuild.

You should be fine, I made the mistake of leaving mine connected. The battery sat in my house for a month before I fitted it and it was perfect, it only seems to be an issue when there is a drain on the battery and it deep cycles.

1.work very hard to get more cash

2.Get suspension and brakes fitted

3.replace doors bonnet and bootlid with carbon versions

4.drop the car to Rob to spray the engine bay

5.let Lee p get his hands on the engine bay

6.have alot of fun come summertime

7.resist selling it all and buying the tvr sagaris I have been thinking about.

Forum seems a bit quiet so thought this may make an interesting read, whats your 2011 plans for your supra?

Got a few things going on with mine, doubt i will bother with another project thread.

New lump being built now, bigger cams/double valve springs, flowing the head, billet main caps going in.

Got a ACPT carbon prop going in and a ETS 5" intercooler.

Hypertune intake manifold with ID2200cc injectors and twin wastegate exhaust manifold.

Going back to fitting a rollcage and bucket seats an all.

I want a new turbo but im waiting to see what comes out yet.

Looking forward to getting it back and some dry roads:)

Why no new thread Jamie? I realise they're work to keep them upto date with pics etc, but they're a great contribution to the forum, and certainly motivate people to better their own.

As for mine, if I keep it I will hopefully be having a VVTI 1JZ imported and fitted by Jurgen. However, funds may be tight this year, and i'm already on with converting my MK1 Golf GTi into a track car.

- Edit -

I'll be buying a UGR Ferrari F430 TT Spyder (If I win the jackpot)

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

You should be fine, I made the mistake of leaving mine connected. The battery sat in my house for a month before I fitted it and it was perfect, it only seems to be an issue when there is a drain on the battery and it deep cycles.

I've replaced my yellow top for a red top, the first one that the garage sold me was a dud I got a replacement it's been fine for the 1 week I got to drive it. I left my house in a hurry and left the battery connected by the time I get home it would of been 3 months..! I really hope that does not kill it...!

Well things thats getting done to mine by Mr LeeP. Hang on you'l see this done before i do Jamie, lol :(

Engine Gasket Set

water pump

timing belt idler wheel

timing belt tensioner

crank shaft pulley

exhaust manifold nuts x12

Timing Belt

Whifbitz cam gears

FPR with fittings and gauge

Blow Off Valve

Manifold wrapped

Cam Covers Polished

Turbo Polished

HKS cam 256/264

Greddy Plenum

4'' ETS FMIC

Maybe???? - Syvecs, and new Turbo :D

Thats off the top of my head just now

Why no new thread Jamie? I realise they're work to keep them upto date with pics etc, but they're a great contribution to the forum, and certainly motivate people to better their own.

Honestly... I feel my spending winds some people up into having digs at me, Ive seen the same on supraforums, im not sure if i will do a thread yet.

My Plans for the next 6 months is;

Ulphoster my Interior,

Fit my Cobra Misano Seats,

Re Spray in Toyota Black 202

Poweder coat my wheels Black

Tint the windows

Install my Greddy FMIC

A bit of ICE Nothing Heavy though.

6-12 Months;

Install a built VVTI Head,

Install Cams

Stand alone ECU and MAP.

Start collecting the remainder of the parts for a single build.

Also waiting for new turbo's.

Edited by Brazil (see edit history)