The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New to forum

mr two

Hi there

Just joined this forum as i am hoping to purchase my 1st Supra very soon.

I have an MR2 Turbo Rev2 1993 at the moment( pictures added below ). Have owned her for 5 years and really like her.

Has anyone on here owned both the MR2 Turbo and a Supra as i am after some comparisons between the two?

Also what are the important "things to look for" on a Supra when buying one?

Thanks for your help

Edited by mr two (see edit history)

Welcome mate, I also made the same jump you are looking to do. Don't even think twice about it, the Supra is a far superior car.

Couple of things to note though. The MR2 is a MUCH more raw and agressive car to drive, the Supra feels refined and effortless. There is not a lot between a BPU MR2 and a BPU Supra, well.... till around 80-100.... then the MR2 would be toast.

I will always have a soft spot for my MR2, I have never driven anything like it but the Supra is just more grown up.

Oh, hopefully you are looking at the TT Supra, you will think the car is broken if you go for N/A having came from a tubby MR2.

My older brother loves his MR2 but never drives it, I think he has issues with the fact that it wants to kill him. You'll probably find the that Supra can also be a little tail happy on occassions, but its miles more versatile than the MR2.

Better over a distance, room in the back if you have kidnapped two elves, the engine is more accessable if you're a "DIY'er", massive selection of aftermarket parts, inspires more confidence at high speeds, smooth power delivery (in stock form), oodles of torque

Why you selling her? You want to send me some details ?

I need something bigger for my growing family.

I have a FOR SALE thread in the Supra FOR SALE section on here, There are also more pics of it in my profile.

Good luck with your search for whichever Supra you go for in the end.