The mkiv Supra Owners Club

which suspension

hp006

I can recommend HSDs as I have them and they seem very solid and well built. I am part way through fitting a set of BCs to a mates car and they seem OK for the money too.... although they don't seem as sturdy.

Trouble is you have missed out on the HSD group buy £560. If you contact them they might do you a "Sale" price but you won't get them for that sort of money till next year, usual price is £760.

Guest wantthatone

HSD, had these fitted & what a difference it makes at £560 it seemed crazy cheap for the quality. give driftworks a call while VAT is still 17.5% they may do a deal

When I first had my hsd fitted I thaught they felt like rock compared to my uk shocks with lowering springs. But a couple of people have said how good the ride is with them so I guess it's more me not knowing any different :)

To be fair I think they would feel rock hard compared to UK suspension. I can't comment though as I went from TRD suspension to Megan racing coilovers and then onto HSDs. The TRD Suspension was rock hard anyway so I haven't noticed a negative difference in comfort. In fact I'm almost positive on their softest setting they are more comfortable lol.

Guest wantthatone

i found that scott, my hsd are on the softest setting, what with every bush underneath in poly its just comfortable! i have'nt played yet but dr jekly went up the road with them in the middle setting...lol

+1 for the CW suspension. I have had a couple others and this is by far the best setup for a well rounded supra. Nice ride height (1 1/2" down IIRC) and not the rock hard ride you would expect for something that actually works quite well for a trackday or two and it is build on quality and comes with a full geo setup if you get Chris to install it :)

I jumped on the HSD group buy, definetly a bargain at £560, mind you I'm still waiting for them to turn up, out of stock until January at some point, but I hope they come in soon!!!!

I do notice Driftworks are doing them for £684 at the moment so getting on for £100 saving.

Tein Superstreets are a fair bit harder than stock UK suspension, even on the softest setting. Lowering the car much makes it pretty bad too on these. I had Aragosta suspension on my last car, which was utterly fantastic but is VERY expensive (well over £2k) My cuurent SZ-R has stock suspension that feels old, so i'll be trying the Chris Wilson road setup (When I eventually have some money :( )

• 1 month later...
I'm in the same boat mate. Looking at BC Racing and D2 coilovers. They seem very similar in set up and adjustability. I reckon it may come down to which is cheaper.

I fitted a set of BC Racing coilovers for a friend a few months back. Cracking buy on a budget but I don't think they are as sturdy as some others out there. In comparison to my HSDs I thought they were very small in areas.... good for a weight saving though :D