The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheels

Notractionin4th

To be honest guys I haven't had my Supra long, barely driven it due to the weather, and it's been under cover for most of the time, so I don't really have anything in mind yet. It was just a quick question in the hope that you would be able to quickly punch out the names of websites / suppliers etc that you know of just so I can get the ball rolling.

I've had a look at the Rota's, I quite like the GRA's and the Force. Jamie, I had a quick butchers in your pics and there's some black multi spokes in some of them that look nice.

Sorry if i'm a pain in the arse, I do appreciate your help

Not a pain in the arse mate, I'd just get a feel for what you're actually looking for first then look at what's available in your price range.

I love the Rota wheels and would be surprised if you didn't find something you liked within even a modest budget. My personal preference is the Rota Fighter ;)

Jamie, I had a quick butchers in your pics and there's some black multi spokes in some of them that look nice.

As jamie mentioned expensive!

There is a wheel thread going around from a few weeks ago. Plenty of idea's in that thread.

You could pick up a nice 2nd hand set fo 600quid with tyres if you wait long enough

Here are some links to some of the Japanese wheel manufacturers, will give you some ideas on styles you might like

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/

Weds Wheels

Rays Wheels (Volk, Gram Lights, G-Game, etc.)

Trafficstar Wheels

Advan Wheels

SSR Wheels

Enkei Wheels

Work Wheels

5Zigen

OZ Wheels

Do Luck Double Six Wheels

Blitz

Jamie, I had a quick butchers in your pics and there's some black multi spokes in some of them that look nice.

They are Advan RS, i have sold them now, they cost £1950 with the caps iirc.

If you like the look of the Advan RS but want something cheaper, the Weds SA-70 look similar but are around half the price.

http://www.weds.co.jp/products/index.html#sport

There are pics of the bronze SA-70 wheels on my car HERE or black chrome SA-70 wheels on Geo's car HERE

I see you live in East Anglia old bean, where abouts? There's a few of us in the east anglia area. Maybe you'd like to pop along to a meet once the weather gets a bit better. I've wanted a good look round a Single for a while :)

Yeah, i'd love to thanks Dan. I'm in Attleborough if you know where that is? (in between Norwich & Thetford)

Where abouts are you chap, and the others?

Yeah, i'd love to thanks Dan. I'm in Attleborough if you know where that is? (in between Norwich & Thetford)

Where abouts are you chap, and the others?

Yep, i know where that is. There's a cpl of us in the Great Yarmouth area (Gorleston, Bradwell, Caister), one in Acle. All over the place really. We all met a while back on Yarmouth Sea front after Santa Pod all all the cars from SP cruise there afterwards. Easy over 200 modified cars there. I also organised a convoy down to Modified live at Snetterton for all the locals and to watch Paul Whiffen race in the Time Attack series.

I assume that as your car is a single it has upgraded brakes, UK spec minimum?

You need to ensure that any wheels you are considering will clear your calipers.

A lot won't.

There is a sticky thread which members have contributed to which lists what wheels will/won't fit UK calipers.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?18157-Wheels-known-to-fit-over-UK-brakes

Edited by Supranature (see edit history)

I assume that as your car is a single it has upgraded brakes, UK spec minimum?

You need to ensure that any wheels you are considering will clear your calipers.

A lot won't.

There is a sticky thread which members have contributed to which lists what wheels will/won't fit UK calipers.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?18157-Wheels-known-to-fit-over-UK-brakes

Thanks Supranature

Yep, i know where that is. There's a cpl of us in the Great Yarmouth area (Gorleston, Bradwell, Caister), one in Acle. All over the place really. We all met a while back on Yarmouth Sea front after Santa Pod all all the cars from SP cruise there afterwards. Easy over 200 modified cars there. I also organised a convoy down to Modified live at Snetterton for all the locals and to watch Paul Whiffen race in the Time Attack series.

I was at modified live again this year, Paul's Supra is brutal. I see that one of your friends is Staples..... that isn't Stuart Staples by any chance is it?

I was at modified live again this year, Paul's Supra is brutal. I see that one of your friends is Staples..... that isn't Stuart Staples by any chance is it?

I'm not sure tbh mate, dont think i've really spoken to him much, he just added me as a friend on here because we were local to each other lol. You should update your Garage with specs of the car and pics. Also, like Supranature says, if you dont have already, you should really be thinking about getting UK spec calipers when your running a T70. No sense having all that Go and not being able to stop haha. Keron is selling a pair of UK fronts at the moment, £325 i think. Getting wheels that will fit over UK's is definately something to think about.