The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some feedback on my Supra if thats ok

ManwithSupra

Here is my MKIV forum garage

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=183

I just wanted to knows peoples opinions on it really, mainly as i am bored at work right now (as there is nothing to do) and just wanted to know what people think ;)

Got quite alot of work being done on it soon :D Mainly engine stuff with thanks to Whifbitz

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

I think you need some more photos of it on there mate. From what I can tell it looks great - nice, clean stock lines with simple but bold wheels that compliment the rest of the body. The K-sports look great behind the rims as well.

The future plans you've got listed sound good - nothing too radical or extreme, though what is your goal with fitting the carbon parts? The paintwork looks in good condition too, so is the respray just to cover the carbon parts?

I think you need some more photos of it on there mate. From what I can tell it looks great - nice, clean stock lines with simple but bold wheels that compliment the rest of the body. The K-sports look great behind the rims as well.

The future plans you've got listed sound good - nothing too radical or extreme, though what is your goal with fitting the carbon parts? The paintwork looks in good condition too, so is the respray just to cover the carbon parts?

Changing to carbon is mainly just to reduce weight a little, I could go with fibreglass (as i am spraying over it) but i don’t feel too comfortable with that (just a personal thing). I suppose i have the added benefit that one of my friends works for a company that builds some of the more intricate fibreglass/carbon parts for a "luxury yacht manufacture" and he said he can do all the moulds and fabrication work for us which is nice.

I dont really like the look of bare carbon fibre, its nice on a Zonda and other cars there were designed to have carbon from the start, IMO it looks a little out of place on the Supra - a carbon bonnet on a Supra is fine but the rest looks a bit meh! This is the reason why i want to have the carbon sprayed.

Once the weather improves a bit i will get some more pics.

Nice car. Wouldnt bother with the carbon panels myself. A lot of expense for not much in return. Also if going for the carbon doors you will need to install a full role cage as you will have no side impact protection.

Yeah something i forgot to mention on the future parts section, I will be looking to get a weld in cage installed from these guys http://www.xsportracing.com/ if i go with carbon doors.

(http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=RG21+6AB&sll=51.274052,-1.102903&sspn=0.004779,0.015213&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Basingstoke+RG21+6AB,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.271286,-1.104212&spn=0.009451,0.030427&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=51.27144,-1.104047&panoid=kt27M9Yy4f8-IsnyEEPtww&cbp=12,153.38,,1,0.37)

Nice car. Wouldnt bother with the carbon panels myself. A lot of expense for not much in return. Also if going for the carbon doors you will need to install a full role cage as you will have no side impact protection.

Whats the point then as the weight you save will be added back in by the roll cage ??? The only thing you achieve is making your supe a ball ache to get in and out of :blink:

If it was me I would get someone like Andy Robinson to make the cage, that way it will comply with any drag etc regs and you know it will done properly in chrome moly etc, once its weldd in its in if you know what I mean so get it right, personally I wouldn't be putting the AEM in I would go for a Syvecs. Nice car.

agreed, but if you put carbon panels on and then have to fit a roll cage it kinda cancels out the weight saving .

agreed, but if you put carbon panels on and then have to fit a roll cage it kinda cancels out the weight saving .

if you look at that way then i can see what you mean.. but putting a cage in for saftey is always good, so the carbon parts can help compensate for the extra weight of it. :)