The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT Tuning

Guest dannyte

Guest dannyte

Hi all i am new to the supra world and looking to buy my first supra in the new year, have the ready so it just finding one i like...

After a bit of advise, not sure or manual or auto yet.. but looking at pulling around 500bhp, what would be my safest options to get this sort or more out of a stock block??:D

Hi Danny welcome to forum.

This topic has been cover over and over again so my basic advice would be to use the search tool. In short though, you need to consider your budget as to get a 'true' 500hp you will need a single turbo setup and this could cost anywhere from 5-7k (basic good quality setup) too, well as much as you like really! Plus the limit of the stock auto box is 500ish hp.

Also have you driven a 500hp Supra? or are you experienced with high powered rwd cars? If not I'm not sure I would start off with a 500hp Supra tbh!

Hi Danny welcome to forum.

This topic has been cover over and over again so my basic advice would be to use the search tool. In short though, you need to consider your budget as to get a 'true' 500hp you will need a single turbo setup and this could cost anywhere from 5-7k (basic good quality setup) too, well as much as you like really! Plus the limit of the stock auto box is 500ish hp.

Also have you driven a 500hp Supra? or are you experienced with high powered rwd cars? If not I'm not sure I would start off with a 500hp Supra tbh!

:yeahthat:

Welcome though :)

how much roughly? :p

Depends on what you start with ;) You need a Double Decat, Restrictor Ring, Boost Controller, Colder grade spark plugs and an upgraded Fuel pump minimum. Can get all that for sub £500 if you buy second hand. Click BPU then have a look on AFR's site, they have everything you need.

Why would he need to do that. 2nd hand and do the work yourself 500 is about right. New bits with someone doing the work will be more like 1500

Lol i was gonna say, £5000 for a few bits and pieces sounds a bit steep :p Most of the work can be done yourself if your reasonably competent, plus with a stock ECU there's no need to re-map :)

4000BHP

Why would he need to do that. 2nd hand and do the work yourself 500 is about right. New bits with someone doing the work will be more like 1500

Lol i was gonna say, £5000 for a few bits and pieces sounds a bit steep :p Most of the work can be done yourself if your reasonably competent, plus with a stock ECU there's no need to re-map :)

Whoosh! :rolleyes:

Guest dannyte

Thanks for all your replys guy ;) think your right maybe start off trying for 400hp.. No i haven't had anything more then a audi tt but i have had bikes R1's etc...

Can't wait to get get my supra ;)

Thanks for all your replys guy ;) think your right maybe start off trying for 400hp.. No i haven't had anything more then a audi tt but i have had bikes R1's etc...

Can't wait to get get my supra ;)

As mentioned I've not long had my Supra mate and having come from a big bike background I can tell you that its another kettle of fish! my supra only has around 470hp @ fly and im yet to deploy all the ponies - it seems to really stuggle with grip.... (19x10" rears with Goodyear eagle f1's) I really dont know how the guys with 500+ hp actually get the power down! must be launch control/trac control with stand alone ecu's and what not..... atleast thats what I'm telling myself as I save for one :)

good luck, have fun!

As mentioned I've not long had my Supra mate and having come from a big bike background I can tell you that its another kettle of fish! my supra only has around 470hp @ fly and im yet to deploy all the ponies - it seems to really stuggle with grip.... (19x10" rears with Goodyear eagle f1's) I really dont know how the guys with 500+ hp actually get the power down! must be launch control/trac control with stand alone ecu's and what not..... atleast thats what I'm telling myself as I save for one :)

good luck, have fun!

Oooh, whats been done to yours? Single i take it :)