The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone get that feeling your Supra hates you?

Attero

Because I do.

I could have all the problems in the world with it, but as soon as I take it to a garage it shows no symptons. Toyota think I'm bloody stupid now because I must have gone there about 500 times in the last year to show them various symptons, but none of them happen at the time. The moment my Supra leaves Toyota territory, it all comes flooding back.

Next time, I shall try moving in and out, shaking it all about and get coke all over my ceiling.

:innocent:

Damn Toyota! Love you really.

Just little bits here and there really. Nothing too drastic. It's things you notice like the knocking when reversing (which I told was unusual and should be checked as it may not be the LSD), some squeaks in the engine bay, some rattles in the engine bay, some high pitch whines. Cambelt might need to be changed, rocker gasket cover is leaking (but thats obvious), clutch squeaks, breaks can squeal, anti-roll bar knocking, some rather noticeable noise/vibration when revving to around 3-4pm when stationary, etc.

You go to Toyota, 99% of that stuff won't happen when showing them - however many times I go there. I wouldn't be surprised if the rocker gasket cover cleans itself up when they have a look at it too.

They should be able to diagnosed most of that to be fair, we get a lot of jobs like this that come in saying they've got a squeal from cold, they turn up waiting for the car having drove 20 miles to get to us! The knocking at the rear for example, does it happen on level ground? Or on an incline etc? The squeal from your engine bay could well be heat related also but more than likely your aux belt!

I'd rebook and tell them you'd like to go up the road with a tech! Or maybe trying noting down exactly when the noises are happening etc :)

HTH

yes would say they love you then you fall in love with them, they get bored and try to push you to the limits of keeping them try to kill you but you still sit there and throw money at them saying please still love me and give me 600 bhp :D must admit if it was a women she would have been long gone by now lol :run: