The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Replacing wishbones, Facelift or Pre-Facelift?

Scott

I'm looking to buy a set of wishbones for my car. I'm going to get decent 2nd hand ones and refurb/paint them etc.

Which are the best ones to buy? I read that the Pre-facelift ones are slightly more heavy duty? Are the facelift ones lighter to cut costs or is there another reason for it? Which ones are of the best design?

Obviously I would be buying a whole set of them, whichever way I go, so should ARBs be on my shopping list too?

I've just put on new HSD coilovers and I have a sparkly set of droplinks here waiting to be fitted also.

Thanks

Facelift cars have slightly softer bushes on the lower front arms - all in the name of refinement.

I removed facelift and fitted pre-facelift without issue.

ARBs...I'd remove them, check for rust under the bushes (this is where they seem to break). If they are both OK then I'd rub them down, repaint, and refit with new drop links and new rubbers.

can you not just buy OEM scott? New? Thats pretty much what im doing with the build at lee's, if it breaks buy OEM. There will be times when i need to go aftermarket, but im defo sticking with OEM parts when i can

Just a thought bud??

I'd love to, I don't have 2k kicking around unfortunately :(

Facelift cars have slightly softer bushes on the lower front arms - all in the name of refinement.

I removed facelift and fitted pre-facelift without issue.

ARBs...I'd remove them, check for rust under the bushes (this is where they seem to break). If they are both OK then I'd rub them down, repaint, and refit with new drop links and new rubbers.

Sounds like a plan, are the arb's the same then?

Cheers guys.