The mkiv Supra Owners Club

how hard do you think these are to fit??

stu861

As the title says am looking at these lights for the dash it says i will need extras but im no electrician has anyone else done this before and how hard can it be???

whats the worst that could happen? :bang:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220585951460&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Yup, I have, then again, thats what I do on this forum ;) - to me thats expensive - £25 for 36 LED's. But If you want to ahead and get them, I wrote a "how to guide" some time ago - http://www.internetwork.org.uk/led_guide/led.htm - this tells you whats involved, tool, other parts that you'll need :D

Hello Stu,

i got led plug and play from this company for the JZA80 no extras needed. ask if he still has these through the ask a question section. some complain about the windscreen glare off hid dashes. as i say i have led and find them realy nice and light blue, more white. 5 times as bright as original bulbs.

i have the electrical skills of a shaved chimp and got mine fitted in around 35 mins.

whole dash must come off and work one section at a time. dash, console. dash takes around 10 to 12 bulbs all just pull out and slot new ones in.

the clock takes 2 big bulbs one top one bottom. when you take the dials out you can change all bulbs without opening the unit just twist and pull.

once you get them in you will have 2 big bulbs left for the rear plate.

and 2 big bulbs for the running lights. i have hid main and fog on a 1999 facelift N/A and the bulbs you get give around the same power and match up well.

sorry for going on a bit but this is the first topic i actually iknow something about.

Yup, I have, then again, thats what I do on this forum ;) - to me thats expensive - £25 for 36 LED's. But If you want to ahead and get them, I wrote a "how to guide" some time ago - http://www.internetwork.org.uk/led_guide/led.htm - this tells you whats involved, tool, other parts that you'll need :D

Whats your prices again Si? Also, what components do I need to send you?

not quite maplin sell 12v and 5v leds that require no resistor

Nope as Heckler quite rightly said all LED's require some current limiting (ie. resistor in series unless operating at its forward voltage ~1.1 - 3V depending on LED). Those 5V and 12V Led's that Maplin sell will have an inbuilt resistor to make them idiot proof as its just too tempting to put them across a 9V battery.

"F*ck thats bright.......... POP....... smell of arsenic.......feeling dizzy...... best sit down for a bit"

(yes i've done it!).

Guest blueangel

If i was you dude save yourself alot of hassle and then getting leds in the wrong place modding shit to allow you to fit led's, then finding out that where you put them doesnt give an even glow and you have to take it apart again, get a conversion off Heckler it will be perfect first time.