The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is Father Christmas Real?

Havard

I am not sure I want to know the answer to this but I have a feeling that he isn't actually real..!!:blink:

People keep telling me that he will come down our chimney on Saturday, that's all well and good but we have a living flame gas fire with a 6" flue to I doubt he'll get down there?

Also, took Ellis (7)& Joel (3) to meet him in a grotto in Bolton the other day and they told him about the presents they wanted, a scalextric, big digger and the new Star Wars game for the Wii etc.

A couple of nights later at the local carol service, we saw him again. He was 6" taller than he was at the weekend with a different nose. When we asked him to tell us what we all wanted for Christmas he asked us to remind him.....!!:tongue:

I am only 36 but I am getting a little suspicious about the whole thing now. Ellis also thinks he's taking the pi$$ as he gave some crap explanation of where Rudolf was.

Also, how come there are receipts from shops all over our house?

Discuss..!!

H.

I caught him kissing my dad... :(

...and my bum

WTF?

We are defo convinced this guy is a fake. Our house is alarmed and we have a dog. Somehow this guy gets in and drops off loads of presents in the living room?

I am also going to leave the fire on, on Friday night. See if that sorts him out..!!

H.

He's magic though remember, he has father time on his side giving him an endless night, so he moves so quickly in our time that he's in and out of your house within 1/800th of a second, your dog wouldn't have a chance!! Also the fire therefore poses no threat to him either.

Don't believe all these stupid Christmas films though that have him riding a sleigh with flying reindeer, what a load of toot!! He started off with a couple of reindeer when delivering presents in his home town all those years ago, but then the magic elves (I'm sure they hate being called elves, but we can't pronounce their real species) asked him to do it for every child. Santa Claus the Movie has it closest. Anyway, he moved on to horses at some stage, then he just used the sleigh on it's own with the magic. Now he has all the modern stuff; GPS and Google maps cos there are just TOO many people!! I think the reason more and more people don't believe is because he's so stretched now even with endless night for him it's a tough old job, so most parents just buy their own presents for the kids and pretent it's Santa to give him a break.

St Nicholas is a far cry from Father Christmas though. :)

Santa Claus came from St Nicholas though, the name I mean. In fact the best parts of the legend come from him. Of course there are other bits and bobs thrown into the mix, such as flying through the sky (Gods or something like that) and the big red suit (The Americans IIRC).

The meat and potatos of the legend comes from St Nicholas IMO. Just because the Yanks re-branded it all doesn't mean it's a far cry.

Edit: Found this which sums it all up quite nicely. Much more indepth from what I remember being taught though.