The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie!!!

Guest xazopaido

Guest xazopaido

Hey!

I am new in this whole Supra thing! I never owned a Supra before

but the time is coming... :p and I 've already started looking for my first!

Will I be able to find a cheap manual supra to start with? I am talking

for a mkIV supra around 3000 pounds.

Is there anyway I could find anything worthy?

I am looking for a car inside the UK. I am currently living in Brighton.

Thanking you in advance!

Hi, I saw one on Pistonheads.co.uk for £2995 in March and texted the guy but got no reply and that was a manual NA (naturally aspirated, i.e. no turbos) in pretty good shape, so you should be able to find one. Will almost certainly be a five speed, as six speed manuals generally are fitted to TT's and come at a hefty premium.

No need unless you're going to race it and to be honest, you'll probably use third most of the time anyway, as it's very forgiving, especially with an engine that can rev to 7k all day long. Twin Turbo autos start at around £4500 but as with any model, make sure that you can insure it first and when you find one that you'd like to look at/test drive, ask for the latest MOT test number and VRM, (Vehicle Registration Mark) and enter them into the page I've linked below, then, if you're happy with what you see and hear, get an RAC HPI check for £15 or pay a bit more for a three car check if you have any doubts and might want to check another one or two out.

I've seen a MKIV go for £800 on ebay because the engine was apparently in need of attention after a rebuild and you took your chances, so keep an eye out on here, Autotrader, Pistonheads and ebay and most importantly, it's far better to wait for the right one to come along, than buy one and a few months later, regret it.

Don't take the seller's word for anything and if possible, post a link to any cars that you're looking at on here and ask for a second opinion. You'd be surprised at how many members know all about some of them!

I cannot stress enough, how simple and valuable this check is.....

http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp

Edited by Morpheus (see edit history)