The mkiv Supra Owners Club

No One knows we exist

geoffvalenti

I went to Hickstead Japanese Performance car meet today. (photos in Events section) I met up with at least 5 other Supra members and only 1 (Mark Ayling) had heard of mkivsupra.net or the BBS.

I had no cards to give out, all I could do was recite the URL, granted 1 owner didn't have a computer, but the rest were interested.

We (as a club) really need to get out a bit more :D

Maybe a downloadable flyer, or cards that we can print out if we're going to an event, that we can give out to Supra owners that we meet.

No wonder the Poll of Supra owners looked a bit strange, most of them aren't on here :(

So mods, what do you think?

Yes very true. When I got my Supra three years ago it took me ages to stumble across this site.

I've just done a search for 'toyota supra' in GOOGLE and this site doesn't make it into the first 10 pages.

Think I've asked this before but have the 'search tags' been placed into the source header for this website?

I have noticed a number of Supras passing through my area over the past number of years and nearly every one that I mention in the 'spotted' section of our site doesn't get any replies. This probably because they havn't come across mkivsupra.net yet.

Think we need to get those supra business cards placed onto more windows....... but its a bit hard to do when the windscreen you're trying to stick them on is travelling 60+mph !!

:p

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

I went to Hickstead Japanese Performance car meet today. (photos in Events section) I met up with at least 5 other Supra members and only 1 (Mark Ayling) had heard of mkivsupra.net or the BBS.

I had no cards to give out, all I could do was recite the URL, granted 1 owner didn't have a computer, but the rest were interested.

We (as a club) really need to get out a bit more :D

Maybe a downloadable flyer, or cards that we can print out if we're going to an event, that we can give out to Supra owners that we meet.

No wonder the Poll of Supra owners looked a bit strange, most of them aren't on here :(

So mods, what do you think?

Are there any benefits of attracting more members to the BBS through 'actively recruiting'? In what way would the BBS/club benefit through expanding?

Not intended as a provocative question, just a straightforward one.

Originally posted by Tannhauser

Not intended as a provocative question, just a straightforward one.

ok how about rewinding the clock a year or so..............

this guy, a motorbike nut and sprayer by trade somehow finds his way onto here and explains how he's rebuilding a supra and gives a progress / rebuild report etc......

he turns into a keen supra owner and gets a reputation as a good resprayer, does a few cars for us members ( i think you may know one:innocent:........

any good? :D

Some new members may just be nice people, some will have knowledge or trade links that could be beneficial to all.........

We are aware of the lack of awareness of this site and are looking at ways to fix this. However, please keep the suggestions coming and also keep spreading the word.

Soonto"HAS"soop, JB has already explained this. He hasn't had time to sort this himself, but now I believe Rosie has taken over this task and if you contact her and she'll try and sort it.

Originally posted by mawby

We are aware of the lack of awareness of this site and are looking at ways to fix this.

I guess one of the first things would be a presence at most of the meets that are taken place in the summer, theres more than just JAE.

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

That's if you received them in the first place!!

[bitch Over]

Ben..

Ben if you pm me an address you can have a load of mine, i rarely remember to take any out with me so they just sit at home......

The easiest way to ensure some free coverage in the future is to have a look at the HTML used on the pages here, the main mkivsupra.net mkivsupra.swf/index.html is bare, it's not going to impress the search engines at all.

Start with adding these tags and populating them:

TITLE

meta name="keywords"

content=" "

meta name="description"

content=" "

Obviously these need the appropriate

At the moment the main page title is the .swf file used for the logo pic, the other tags aren't there at all.

Do this for all the main pages of the site and modify the search keywords and description accordingly - within a while the search engines will send bots and eventually the site will be listed, it's not instant and would benefit from someone manually submitting the site to the engines but it's a seed to plant now so that things improve in the future, I spent ages looking for a forum and only found this one after it was mentioned elsewhere.

I'm suprised the content in the forum doesn't give us much of a listing, might be worth looking at the tags on /vbb and ensuring it's open to the bots.

I think we need to get more cards/flyers out at the main shows

at Bolney I had over 100 cards on the screen, most of them went.

quite a few people have seen/know of the Veilside Castrol supra from shows, but the owner had never heard of mkivsupra.net & was asking all sorts of questions.

I've even put a few cards in at Jemca with the parts manager(helpfull guy) because the staff at jemca had a lot of interest in my car, which I know He has passed on to other Supra owners( He's asked me for some more). every little bit helps

maybe we could get one of the perfomance mags to do a feature on the club & members cars... just a thought:conf:

John

Originally posted by Tannhauser

Are there any benefits of attracting more members to the BBS through 'actively recruiting'? In what way would the BBS/club benefit through expanding?

I personally think that more members of the club/BBS means a more balanced view of Supra ownership and also a greater pool of knowledge available to us all.

None of us know everything, and there could be that one person out there that has had the same problem and solved it, that could well provide the elusive answer.

I'd like it if *every* Supra owner was a member of this club. Impossible I know, but certainly everyone who would like to join us anyway.

We've all got a bit to give, multiply that by the number of members, and then thats a LOT available to us all.

I'll second all this. I've been on the net for years but never found this site when searching for a supe - only a few months later when I was lucky enough to run into a member. I think it's fair to say the vast majority of net-connected UK-based supra owners don't know this site exists.

On the flip side of the coin, I spend too long reading this BBS as it is - if the membership tripled, I'd never get any work done! :innocent:

:looney:

Originally posted by Thorin

I never found this site at first either, I found Supra forums and started posting on there but it wasn't until Syed mentioned this site that I found it.

Same for me. Did a search and started posting on SF until somebody pointed me to mkivsupra.net

I've mentioned this bbs to fellow Supra owners IRL but the URL is not very memorable. You can see them thinking "M..... K....... I...... , ah sod it I'll never remember that"

It is our intention to be THE biggest supra club in the UK. Hense all the recent logo stuff, the clothing branding also helps and so on. We are progressing things but WE NEED YOUR HELP!! Keep giving out cards and spreading the word please :)

Yes I have taken on the stickers etc, and once I've got them I will post up asking who hasn't got theirs and then sort it out, so keep your eyes open for it.

Any suggestions for how we can do it also greatfully received! :thumbs:

Originally posted by Jake

I've mentioned this bbs to fellow Supra owners IRL but the URL is not very memorable. You can see them thinking "M..... K....... I...... , ah sod it I'll never remember that"

Really? I thought it was very easy- how difficult can mkivsupra.net be?!?!?! :conf:

"the URL is mkivsupranet"

"ok, excellent, so it's the model car I own and drive then . net"

"yes"

"wooooo"

:D

Originally posted by mcanny

See above re HTML improvements - free and easy

thanks Mcanny, Im talking to Stealthosts about the best approach to take with the tags. I noticed they were missing from the from page recently so Im hoping to get them put across the whole site so the engines can find us better.

JB

Originally posted by Supragal

Really? I thought it was very easy- how difficult can mkivsupra.net be?!?!?! :conf:

Yes really, on several occaisions. Try it mate.

Originally posted by lust2luv

Gets home...

So that's http://www.markfoursupra.net

...hmmm, that's not working

how about http://www.mark4supra.net

...nope

http://www.markivsupra.net

...nothing

http://www.mk4supra.net

...bah, I give up.

Exactly !

Perhaps someone should register those URLs above and get them all pointed here, I remember speaking with Pulse who said he missed out on mkivsupra.co.uk by about 10 mins and was gonna point that URL here.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Supragal

It is our intention to be THE biggest supra club in the UK. Hense all the recent logo stuff, the clothing branding also helps and so on. We are progressing things but WE NEED YOUR HELP!! Keep giving out cards and spreading the word please :)

Yes I have taken on the stickers etc, and once I've got them I will post up asking who hasn't got theirs and then sort it out, so keep your eyes open for it.

Any suggestions for how we can do it also greatfully received! :thumbs:

Rosie

Most of us don't seem to have cards or stickers :(

If someone was to design and post up an A5 flyer, we could download and print a few copies before going to a meet. 2 to a sheet of A4, it wouldn't take long, and we could have a bundle with us when walking around the cars and just stick them under the wipers.

I know cards look more professional but surely anything is better than nothing to begin with.