The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Part number request

Ian C

You higlighted the NA one but thankfully the turbo one is on the second picture as well :) My bad, I wasn't specific :D

Can you look up a turbo-oil-return-to-block gasket for me as well please? I'll let you work out if that's for a turbo or not :p

-Ian

The yanks seem to think that the exhaust manifold gasket is reusable. Hmmm. I'm not convinced. OK, I've reused gaskets successfully before, but they have all been on the intake side (turbo outlets, throttle body :) etc) but I don't think I'll chance an exhaust side one...

Thanks again Jake.

-Ian

Toyota spectacularly supplied me with one of the two gaskets. So the first three cylinders have a new gasket. The gaskets are different, so it's not like I had to order two of the same part, and the screengrabs you gave me, Jake, only show one part number for the "head to manifold gasket", so it's defo their fault. I'm harassing the parts dept for a callback. A lot.

:mad:

-Ian

For future refence, there is a second part number for the second gasket. Why on earth Toyota thought splitting them up would be a good idea I don't know :mad:

T17173-46040 - Cylinders 1 to 3 exhaust manifold gasket

T17198-46010 - Cylinders 4 to 6 exhaust manifold gasket

Note hugely disparate part numbers :rolleyes: FFS

Fume rant.

-Ian

Originally posted by Ian C

The yanks seem to think that the exhaust manifold gasket is reusable. Hmmm. I'm not convinced. OK, I've reused gaskets successfully before, but they have all been on the intake side (turbo outlets, throttle body :) etc) but I don't think I'll chance an exhaust side one...

Thanks again Jake.

-Ian

My header has now been on and off about 5 or 6 times Ian and the gasket is fine , if its multi layer metal i dont see the problem re-using it .

Dude:flame Dev

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by dude

My header has now been on and off about 5 or 6 times Ian and the gasket is fine , if its multi layer metal i dont see the problem re-using it .

Dude:flame Dev

But mate you don't see a problem re-using the HG;)