The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looks like turbo's are gone...so advice please.

Matt B

All,

It looks like my turbo's have gone out the back of my Nur Spec so I'm left with a very slow smoke machine at the moment.:(

Anyway I'm left with three options I think...

Second hand stock turbos

Hybrids

Small Single

Now being a bit of a numpty I'm not sure what to go for... Obviously price is an issue but I don't want to just go for the cheapest option and have it go again very quickly...

Any advice on which direction to go in is greatly appriciated. I want to keep the car performing with as little lag as possible really.

Thanks all... :thumbs:

Thats really heart-breaking Matt :(

Single would be a good option, but in terms of price, a set of second hand ones would be best, but someone else has been there done that and got the T-shirt, for the turbos to go again within 2 weeks - as you said.

Hybrids are an option, single really comes down to insurance, and if you were going to go for it at some point in the future anyway :)

Regards,

Gaz.

Thanks guys,:)

No idea what heppened really?? All is set up and running as per recommendations on fueling etc. Never been above 1.2 bar and it's a 98 with about 45k miles...

Might have to speak to insurance and work out what a single kit will cost me. What else do I have to budget for apart from the turbo??

:stupid:

I would strongly recommend going single, i know i would! especially with your setup, it sounds like you have everything you need to go single, you will obviously need to upgrade your injectors, and you already have the FMIC it would be silly not to go single.

Did you know that stock turbos take around 7 hours to remove (maybe 4 or 5 hours if you know what you're doing) and 7 hours to put the stocks back on? single turbos are much easier to fit, they just bolt on and off!

might be an idea to have a word with terry, i think terry and mig are coming up with a cheaper single using the existing manifold?

but lets hope it doesnt come to that.

Guest Terry S

Osso, Matt couldn't wait so have made the best available choice and gone for a full Boost Logic kit and our 650cc injectors:thumbs:

Originally posted by Terry S

Osso, Matt couldn't wait so have made the best available choice and gone for a full Boost Logic kit and our 650cc injectors:thumbs:

I would have done the same in his position :) but which turbo did he go for? :cool: