The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tt engine

Parry_10

without box will be using my 5 speed box and i know the main prob is getting hold of a tt loom, i dont want to buy it if its an aristo engine though as there is a list of about 10 different things compared to the supra engine that i found on here, not sure what to do weather to go for it or not, how much will a set of coilpacks set me back? used or new

Its not early Aristo anyway because they dont have that vacuum feed on top of the intale manifold, but by looking at the engine on a pallet like that you cant really tell unless, like mentioned above, you can see the sump. I wouldnt buy that, its in a right state.

My old Mk1 Aristo TT engine :-

ahh ok cheers bud, is it much of a loss not having the vvti engine? just still unsure weather to go for this as its a good price

The VVTi engine is down to personal choice mate. Only ever driven 1 personally but it was running a single so can't really compare. If you asked everyone with a VVTi they'll tell you they are better, same as the other way round.. Personally, if it's a real genuine supra engine, rather than a aristo lump then go for it. BUT... maybe do your homework first and check the prices of all the other pieces you need and see if it will still work out economical to buy that engine.

right im going to get a pic of the sump monday morning what are the differences from the supra and aristo sumps? also will having a non vvti engine limit me in any way? and cause me any extra problems when doing the conversion as my na is vvti thanks for all your responses so far!

Was the sump taken off or broken in the crash? If it was cracked/broken off the engine might be a bad one as it may have turned over with no oil and also been open to the elements. Looks like a lot of work needed but if the price is low and you don't mind the risk it could work out for you

The looms for these can be quite hard to find and not cheap to buy, so factor that in too. A new one is over £1k.

BTW, I think I can see part of the sump plate in the last picture..

The vac lines appear to be in the config of a supra rather than aristo, so it does seem to be a supra engine.

Fitting a non-VVTi lump to a VVTi will present a number of issues, primarily the wiring. Does the engine come with the ECU and main harness?

It's got the Supra water pump on it as has a 4 bolt fixing for the pulley, the Aristo one has just one centre fixing, it also has the Supra throttle body on it (denoted by the ETCS and not TRC as per the Aristo), along with the vacuum take off pipe, so I'd say it's came out of a Supra.

HTH :)

right im going to get a pic of the sump monday morning what are the differences from the supra and aristo sumps? also will having a non vvti engine limit me in any way? and cause me any extra problems when doing the conversion as my na is vvti thanks for all your responses so far!

Are you sure your NA is VVTi? There's been a few threads about these in the past few years, but they've only been verified in the US market. The easy way to check is if it has the bulge in front of the intake cam pulley