The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Road angel which one?

supradibbs

After been given a demo of a road angel last night in my mates imprezza i.e doing over a ton warning come on gave distance slowed down the box went mental and sure enough gatso pocking out the bush.What iwas most impressed with was one we turned round we got no warning as it was able to tell which way it was facing cool....

Anyway which is the one to go for and would like one a bit cheaper so if anyone has one laying around i may be intrested

thanks in advance

Originally posted by supradibbs

After been given a demo of a road angel last night in my mates imprezza i.e doing over a ton warning come on gave distance slowed down the box went mental and sure enough gatso pocking out the bush.What iwas most impressed with was one we turned round we got no warning as it was able to tell which way it was facing cool....

Anyway which is the one to go for and would like one a bit cheaper so if anyone has one laying around i may be intrested

thanks in advance

Speak to matt H he has the GEN1 version which will be a fair bit cheaper.

Only difference I can see is that mine (Gen2) has USB wheras gen1 has serial connection.

which detector is regarded as being the best these days? Road Angel's popular as is the Snooper and origin b2. are there any others on the market which rival these 3? out of these 3, which is the best for avoiding a potential ban :innocent:

p.s. i'm only gonna get one when i get a supra! don't think i need to worry about speeding in the TDI :p

I've got the Road Angel Classic, as they call it now, it does exactly what it says on the box.

Its very easy to transfer from car to car (or motorhome in my case :)) and I wouldn't drive anywhere without it.

I paid £350 for mine a year ago and its saved me that, and my licence many times over.

If you drive to unfamiliar areas regularly, then buying one really is a no brainer :D

Originally posted by kopite

which detector is regarded as being the best these days? Road Angel's popular as is the Snooper and origin b2. are there any others on the market which rival these 3? out of these 3, which is the best for avoiding a potential ban :innocent:

p.s. i'm only gonna get one when i get a supra! don't think i need to worry about speeding in the TDI :p

Hm - depends on how much you are willing to pay. I've been using detectors for 9 years now and IMHO you can't get a better combination than a Valentine V2 and a Road Pilot.

You aren't going to get much change out of £1000 though, depends on how much you value your license I guess.

Just to add, I have the direction setting switched off as there are many cameras that can face either way and there is no way they can keep the database upto date as to which way a rotatable camera is faceing.

Id rather put up with a few beeps than be unsure!