The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello everyone :) Some pointers would be great

DauntlessEagle

Hey guys and gals. I am new the the forums and thought I would say hi. Im Jeremy, I currently do not have a Supra but I am hunting for one. Have been looking on auto trader and other places but have not found the right one so far.

I have roughly £6000 to spend on just the Supra, after that I plan on moding it to my taste. Is 6000 a healty amout to get a decent supra ?

Can anyone give me any pointers when buying a supra, what to look for and their experiances with a supra.

Thanks, :)

Hey guys and gals. I am new the the forums and thought I would say hi. Im Jeremy, I currently do not have a Supra but I am hunting for one. Have been looking on auto trader and other places but have not found the right one so far.

I have roughly £6000 to spend on just the Supra, after that I plan on moding it to my taste. Is 6000 a healty amout to get a decent supra ?

Can anyone give me any pointers when buying a supra, what to look for and their experiances with a supra.

Thanks, :)

Welcome to the forum bud, refreshing hello I must say :D

Are you planning on going for a twin turbo model? If so 6k will get you an auto version. You would be doing very well to find a 6spd for that kind of money. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum regarding everything on the Supra so searching is definitely your friend. There are a few FAQ's on the forum such as a buyers guide etc to help you with the main points. Just make sure you are clued up on the models that Supras are available in. There are a lot of cars being sold for models that they aren't, 5spd TT being an example (TT's only came in auto and 6spd).

This very forum is a great place to buy a Supra. The owners on here will generally advertise their cars for very fair prices, even if it takes a prod from other members to make them see the light, and they tend to be FAR better looked after than non-enthusiasts.

6k will either buy you a fantastic N/A facelift manual or a TT auto. It is a good idea to buy one as close to your vision as you can, as mods tend not to add to the cost... only the appeal.

Good luck with your search :)

Welcome to the forum bud, refreshing hello I must say :D

Are you planning on going for a twin turbo model? If so 6k will get you an auto version. You would be doing very well to find a 6spd for that kind of money. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum regarding everything on the Supra so searching is definitely your friend. There are a few FAQ's on the forum such as a buyers guide etc to help you with the main points. Just make sure you are clued up on the models that Supras are available in. There are a lot of cars being sold for models that they aren't, 5spd TT being an example (TT's only came in auto and 6spd).

This very forum is a great place to buy a Supra. The owners on here will generally advertise their cars for very fair prices, even if it takes a prod from other members to make them see the light, and they tend to be FAR better looked after than non-enthusiasts.

6k will either buy you a fantastic N/A facelift manual or a TT auto. It is a good idea to buy one as close to your vision as you can, as mods tend not to add to the cost... only the appeal.

Good luck with your search :)

Hi Scotty. Yeah I was looking for a twin turbo really. Thought I would just jump in with the big guns. Oh good because 6000 was a rough so could always spend a bit more if needed.

Thank you for the warm welcome, you have been very helpful in my quest to find a supra.

I will begin to search the forms and do my homework before I spend a penny ! :)

Hi Scotty. Yeah I was looking for a twin turbo really. Thought I would just jump in with the big guns. Oh good because 6000 was a rough so could always spend a bit more if needed.

Thank you for the warm welcome, you have been very helpful in my quest to find a supra.

I will begin to search the forms and do my homework before I spend a penny ! :)

The absolute best advice I could give you would be to get yourself along to a local meet. That way you can meet the members, see the cars and have face to face time to discuss your options.

6k will get you a nice auto. If you want to spend a little more you could go into facelift territory no bother. I would advise going for a facelift pre-vvti... but I'm bias :D

If you want custom, speak to our resident importer Jurgen. I honestly don't think you will see 1 bad review of Jurgen on here. Yes he makes a living off of us and other car enthusiasts but he goes above and beyond to make sure that the money he does make is well earned. Very happy customers/owners/members on this forum through Jurgens business. If you went down those lines it may cost you £500 or so more but you would be able to specify EXACTLY what you were after and he would then send out the feelers to find your ideal car. The obvious benefit of this is a non-uk winter car, granted these cars don't corrode easily but the weather and salt does take its toll on bushes/components etc. The obvious drawbacks are the extra inital outlay and the long wait for the car you want.

Take your time, if you have waited a long time already what is another 6 months :D

I wouldnt dismiss a na-tt conversion either. As long as your aware of the limitations it gives you. You could pick up a nice 5speed tt. Just search on here the pro's and cons of the 5speed tt. Clutches and gear boxes don't tend to last too long at bpu levels but they seem to be reliable at normal tt level

I wouldnt dismiss a na-tt conversion either. As long as your aware of the limitations it gives you. You could pick up a nice 5speed tt. Just search on here the pro's and cons of the 5speed tt. Clutches and gear boxes don't tend to last too long at bpu levels but they seem to be reliable at normal tt level

Oh no, sorry I should have said that. What I meant was make sure you know what you are buying and what you should pay for it. There isn't an issue with buying a 5spd TT, in fact there are quite a few pros, just pointing out to make sure they are selling it as an N/A-TT conversion and not trying to rip you off :)