The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trd wings trial fit

barneybrendan

Got my trd wings from knightracer today and the fitment is crap.pictures will tell all.the drivers side is worse .The wing seem sort of twisted the top lip is at the wrong angle forcing the bottom out plus the holes dont all line up.If i was to get the bolts in behind the door then the lip will not be wide enough for a fixing.The fronts seem to line up ok apart from the part which the head light bolts to on the passenger side,check the pic no way im bolting that in place.

Now the dilema knight racer said send them pics as he says the wings have been trial fitted on another supra,if im right and they dont fit without a lot of work then they will refund my money as he has no more.My problem there is i have sold off my wing and front bumper and have the wide trd bumper to go on.Really not sure what to do as im not happy with them but on the other hand i need them.

17122010242.jpg

17122010243.jpg

17122010244.jpg

17122010245.jpg

17122010246.jpg

17122010247.jpg

17122010248.jpg

17122010249.jpg

17122010250.jpg

17122010251.jpg

17122010252.jpg

In all seriousness Barn if you cant make them fit no one can. Just look out for some cheap ones as you wont be moving it for a while so could leave it wingless i guess?

i know i could get them to fit but that would involve a lot of cutting and reglassing to relieve the stress and straighten them,but that would mean my time and money to fix something i bought as supposedly correct fitment.

I bought an OEM (Rep) skirt from KR that had 'allegedly' had its mould taken from a genuine skirt. Bodyshop couldn't get it to fit at all - complete trash. KR didn't want to know! Ended up having to repair the old skirt and just skip KR's!! £100 up the sh1tter!

I bought an OEM (Rep) skirt from KR that had 'allegedly' had its mould taken from a genuine skirt. Bodyshop couldn't get it to fit at all - complete trash. KR didn't want to know! Ended up having to repair the old skirt and just skip KR's!! £100 up the sh1tter!

thats where i should be ok as i bought off them through ebay /paypal to get that protection if needed.

Ahh mate I'm gutted for ya. Hope you get this resolved. Everyone is right you shouldn't have to mod them to fit it will cause all sorts of issues. If you need anymore help drop me a p.m.

I know it wouldnt be ideal,and as i said it would mean cutting them to enable me to get the correct positioning and reglassing.Might also need to make the top lips wider aswell.I see what you are saying and they will probably never be a nice fit.

trying to get hold of noel at nur motorsport to see if his front wings will take the trd bumper as im going to be getting the rears anyway.other option is to shorten the bumper to fit.

I doubt he has ever tried to fit TRD bumper with his wings but anything is possible i guess, his wings are designed to line up with a stock bumper.

• 3 weeks later...