The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2" snow & going no where

Guest wantthatone

Guest wantthatone

started the supe up at 05:00 this morning, eased her off the drive, coasted to the junction(auto) joined the main road 360degrees, no grip, box going all over the place! then after getting my self composed, a steady 5mph then some twat in a MX5 decides to over take beeping his horn, & ends up doing a 360 into the crash barrier joining the M5, im now back home with a cup of tea, deciding what to tell my new employer! 2nd week in the new job, bloody typical! auto, rear wheel drive 200bhp etc, honestly couldnt move(lol) :blink:

If its anything like my work (HSE mad albeit) they dont mind if its travel related ie stuck in snow etc. They'd rather your safe at home. Hell they sent everyone home yesterday at 2pm so they could beat the traffic

Some people have a faaaaaar too easy life.. :p

Snow has started here again, roads are a deathtrap.

I'd just phone in and see what they say tbh, tell them you tried but after seeing another car spin out and crash you turned round.. I'm sure they'd understand.

Guest wantthatone

it amazes me that every year when we do get the snow & bad weather were never ready for it! there were no gritters out yeterday, the police had presence this morning but there was nothing happening! its recycling day today as well, 2 weeks rubbish, 1 week food waste, 2 recycle boxes, the pavements are full of it, but no collection services today due to the snow, 2" thats all. you can spot the auto cars, there just left by the side of the road.......

Wouldn't worry about it, just ring up and explain your situation. I had to do this a couple of weeks ago (new job aswell) and they were fine with it. Most companies will understand that the weather is causing some issues for people right now.

Guy in the MX5 totally deserves that, bet he felt like a right idiot.

I guess I'am one of the lucky ones,we have loads of snow and ice in Fife and the council have done naff all to the residential areas ( sorry they left some sand in the grit box) as I said I'am lucky I have a land kroozur and to be honest these things will go through everything, best motor after the suprs of course.

P1000492.jpg

Guest wantthatone

after another downfall of snow this afternoon, we have been hit quite hard (suprise) no salt in council depoist, so unable to treat roads, schools shut, post delayed, refuse cancelled untill further notice, how the hell do other countries cope when we cant! im still unable to get the supe on the drive, not for the want of trying! has anyone else been hit by this? or does every member take theres off the road??

Guest wantthatone

i love it! pathetic springs to mind, even the buses stopped at one point! however the council were making them selves noticed by checking street lights bulbs! lol

Guest wantthatone

no problem g, soon i hope. i had the car into the geometry shop to sort the wheel you & craig picked up on yesterday, there response was it must of affected it when we carried out the coilover cross over, even though they test drove it & seen the steering wheel was off, after the initial set up, the bang it made when he undone what ever it was he did was loud! i watched the rear wheel move what seemed inches! gits charged me again mate! but i have to say, since you & the DR did your magic it feels tight responsive, ( not in the snow) well happy mate

Guest wantthatone

i was just waiting for paul macartney to appar on the radio, before i helped the mx5 off the road. did or i take it the supe is back with a vengance now?!