The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Accidentally ripped my Do-luck front off today.

Lbm

Haven't driven her for a few weeks now, so tonight, having charged up the battery, I thought it would be a nice idea to drive her down to the local Indian takeaway etc...

I collected my food, drove off down the road and went into a side road so as to turn around and come home.

As I proceeded to turn partially into someone's driveway I heard that well known "beginning to bottom out" sound. So I carefully came to a rest then reversed a little.

Oh dear - things started to feel and sound a bit touch and go. So literally at 0.5mph I nudged forward again then reversed, again, slowly...this time though was much better; I managed to bend the whole of the nose cone up at nearly 45 degrees :taped:

You get the idea here with this image of a ship:

BALLS!

A nice chap came to my assistance and we managed to bend it back down and pick up the FMIC mesh that had come loose etc...

Now I need to decide what to do. I'll assess the damage in the morning. It can probably be patched up and resprayed etc, but what a drag.

I didn't have my camera with me at the time and quite frankly, I was freezing; and I wanted to get home, kick the cat, have a tiny cry and then launch into my curry.

Obviously it would be ungentlemanly to not let you have the full details, so here you go

1 Pilau rice, 1 Sag aloo, 1 Chicken Dansak and 3 papadums with mint, lime, onion salad and of course, mango chutney.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did something similar yesterday, visited a friend at work, large slope up to his work, driven there time after time.

But not with the rear set-up I've got now!!

Do-Luck front torn to pieces. :(

I only got a cup of tea, and lots of hahhahahahhahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahhaahhahahaha's

Edited by hackin_n_bashin (see edit history)

I'll definately take the pan advice Scott. I'll get some pics too.

Thing is, if I get the Do-luck stuck back on, it'll no doubt happen again.

I either have the car raised a cm or two, or perhaps consider a different front end? Choices smoiches.

I'll definately take the pan advice Scott. I'll get some pics too.

Thing is, if I get the Do-luck stuck back on, it'll no doubt happen again.

I either have the car raised a cm or two, or perhaps consider a different front end? Choices smoiches.

Is it your daily?

If you have the rest of the car suited to a doluck front then I would go with the same and raise it a notch or 3. That is the option I ended up going for, I have 5" of clearance now, and it worked a treat.

Another bumper would be a good option but you might lose the overall look of the car.

If it isn't your daily then get it back on as is and take the long route instead of Uturning and shortcuts :p

Is it your daily?

If you have the rest of the car suited to a doluck front then I would go with the same and raise it a notch or 3. That is the option I ended up going for, I have 5" of clearance now, and it worked a treat.

Another bumper would be a good option but you might lose the overall look of the car.

If it isn't your daily then get it back on as is and take the long route instead of Uturning and shortcuts :p

No, my daily driver is my Asdtra diesel, gawd bless her.

As for the look, I think it does happen to match nicely.

I guess a few extra inches never hurt anyone?

No, my daily driver is my Asdtra diesel, gawd bless her.

As for the look, I think it does happen to match nicely.

I guess a few extra inches never hurt anyone?

5" right there :D

http://www.mkivsuprastar.com/Supra/Out%20&%20About/IMG_0937_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

My Wife likes the ghosts :D

Yeah...will you bl*dy people keep still please, I just need 3 exposures!!!

your car does really suit the Do-Luck front end, My other fav bumper is the Top secret...think that would suit yours really well too.

Thanks. I need to think about this a bit, but as already said I'll prpobably stick with it :)

Bad luck, Im suprised I have not damage mine yet, it's mega low

Be careful...I'm sure you are though :)

Possibly bent the wing areas, defo bent the slam panel bar that the top of the bumper bolts to, id expect some metal damage.

I haven't ventured out yet...we'll see :(

It could be worse....

Hope you get the car sorted Lmb. Yours (from memory) is/was a superb looking car. The Do Luck suited it.

I so fancy a curry now.

Thanks ma...I was still enjoying the look...till yesterday :D

Dude? No.....Sorry to hear about this :(

You did need to get the front re-done anyway, just not to this extent. Hope you get it sorted :thumbs:

p.s. Any update on the camera front?

Very true regarding the re-spray :)

And today I'm actually quite exited...my 7D with Tamron 17-50mm VC f2.8 & Canon 85mm F1.8 should arrive, I've been building up stuff over the last few weeks, CPL filters, spare battery, camera bag, off camera flash...I could go on...(no please don't) :D

Mango Chutney FTW!

Sorry to hear about your No Luck bumper LBM.

My advice would be to strap the cat to the lowest point on it when you get it repaired/replaced.

That way when you bottom out you'll still get the screeching and scraping noises, but it will be to tell you of imminent peril rather than damage already done.

Cats make great rubbing strips.