The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra road trip

David P

This Saturday I am going on a Supra road trip.

My aim is to drop off a set of wheels at Mc D M25 J16, drop off skirts/spats for jagman at AFR and pick up a T.T. bellhousing from dude, collect JamieP's seats from SRD, pick up an N/A trans from Portsmouth and on to Sheerness to pick up a T.T. trans from Miguel.

The reason I am posting this, is on the off chance there could be a club member going to either AFR or SRD from either Portsmouth or Sheerness who would be kind enough to drop off a trans for me?

Bit of a lottery ticket, but you have to get lucky sometimes!

Hi Jamie,

Been there, done that!

I managed to drop off the wheels near Heathrow, and then continued anti-clockwise on M25, but the closer I got to the M23 exit, the worse it was.

I was just managing to creep along at around 15mph whilst slewed at around 15o.

As I approached the ramp up to the exit it was obvious that it was not going to happen.

I stayed on the M25, circumnavigating the city and thought myself lucky to get home without incedent.

I will collect them after the ice age has passed, hope you weren't depending on the cash for Christmas?

Quite a sureal journey, 3" of snow on the motorway, and undertaken on 2 occasions by snow ploughs that had the plough raised and not spreading salt either, maybe the drivers earn more money after it exceeds 4" or the road grinds to a halt?

During the worst of it, whilst I was struggling for traction and only just avoiding spinning out, there was an Audi so close up my arse I couldn't see the badge on the bonnet.

I put the hazards on, 5 mins and no change, I put the rear fogs on, 5 mins and no change, so I opened the window and gave 'wanker' gesticulations for about 5 mins before the penny dropped.

I put the hazards on, 5 mins and no change, I put the rear fogs on, 5 mins and no change, so I opened the window and gave 'wanker' gesticulations for about 5 mins before the penny dropped.

You took that abuse for ten mins without getting out to politely point him to the highway code? Good man. Not sure id have been quite so patient.

I was not a happy bunny, but had no other option.

It was not easy to co-ordinate a sustained (several miles) straight line @ 15 degree power slide with one hand whilst 'gesticulating' out of the window with the other.

If I had stopped to rearrange his understanding, he would without doubt have ran into me which would have made the matter worse.

Then I wouldn't have been able to get moving again, making it worse again.

It was the middle lane, and the only one open too.

The Supra was at the extreme limit of traction and I was fortunate to have kept moving and make it through.

To be a hassling tw@t is hip and 'fashionable', and is the U.K.s' new modern man you know. ;)

I was not a happy bunny, but had no other option.

It was not easy to co-ordinate a sustained (several miles) straight line @ 15 degree power slide with one hand whilst 'gesticulating' out of the window with the other.

If I had stopped to rearrange his understanding, he would without doubt have ran into me which would have made the matter worse.

Then I wouldn't have been able to get moving again, making it worse again.

It was the middle lane, and the only one open too.

The Supra was at the extreme limit of traction and I was fortunate to have kept moving and make it through.

To be a hassling tw@t is hip and 'fashionable', and is the U.K.s' new modern man you know. ;)

I'd love to see you on the next series of Road Wars giving the bird and w@nker sign whilst power sliding down the A1 :D

This Saturday I am going on a Supra road trip.

My aim is to drop off a set of wheels at Mc D M25 J16, drop off skirts/spats for jagman at AFR and pick up a T.T. bellhousing from dude, collect JamieP's seats from SRD, pick up an N/A trans from Portsmouth and on to Sheerness to pick up a T.T. trans from Miguel.

The reason I am posting this, is on the off chance there could be a club member going to either AFR or SRD from either Portsmouth or Sheerness who would be kind enough to drop off a trans for me?

Bit of a lottery ticket, but you have to get lucky sometimes!

Quoted the first post, because other than delivering the wheels, there remains components for both my project and others strewn across the country.

Second chance lottery ticket!