The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo Aerotop

SupraMan Mk4

Hi Guys,

I have one more year left in me before I need to start saving for a house and I am looking at purchasing a Turbo Aerotop. However upon doing a search these seem very few and far between - are they that rare?

So as an alternative I may look at doing a conversion next year to take my NA Aerotop to a Twin/Single Turbo instead. It is currently an auto so will also be looking at getting my hands on a 6 speed gearbox. Although I appreciate these are rather like gold-dust.

Im looking for some advice from you guys on what I will be looking to spend. By the middle of next year I should have 8-10k as a starting point to get things rolling but in reality my budget wil only stretch to 12k for the project. Am I being unrealistic as I plan on doing none of the work myself?

Would it be best to sell up and look to buy an Aero Turbo that has already been done (If I can find one witin my budget.)

Which bring me swiftly to my next point -When it comes to selling it I know I am expecting to take a hit on it but does anyone have any info on what these sell for?

I know this has been long winded and if you have made it this far done the page I applaud your ability to keep attention with my waffling.

Any constructive help and input appreciated guys.

Cheers,

Paul

The turbo aerotops available to us all came in auto, so if you want a 6 speed, it will need to be a conversion anyway.

You could easily have your NA aero converted to a TT 6 speed with £12k with money to spare. Throw a single in there at the same time and bulk buy may allow you to do it but would be a close - very close.

Considering you want a 6 speed, I may be inclined to stick with your own car for the project.

I would estimate about £7k for a TT6 conversion, as you have to think of all the additional stuff that needs changing, it's not as simple as just an engine and gearbox, there is:

Removal of Auto transmission tunnel and replace and weld in a Manual tunnel, the electronics looms, dash cluster/panels, ecu, diff, plus probably more that I have forgotton about, if I were you I'd give the guys at AFR a ring, they just did mine but I supplied a TT6 donor car, so I didn't have to purchase the additional items.

Cheers for the info Marc, If the rebuild is the road I decide to go down I will use the members on here for the main bulk of the project. AFR, Whifbitz, 2Bar Tuning etc as they all have cracking reviews. Met John at AFR recently and is a very plesant bloke with near on Legendary status amongst this forum. :)

Matt your car is stunning, simply put! But I am sure that it will be out of my price range come crunch time. But im with you, I wouldn't settle for anything less than the full asking price on it as it is one of my favourites on this forum. :thumbs: I also like the look of your Trial Rear so will now be looking at that addition as well as a half carbon spoiler and new front bumper. Not sure on which one though.

Hmm, looks like based on early feedback I may go for tt6 as opposed to single as this may blow my budget and dont want to get near completion and start having to skimp on parts!! Not looking for show-stopping power but an increase is always nice....Just hope I don't become addicted!! :D

Matt your car is stunning, simply put!

Cheers mate :thumbs:

But I am sure that it will be out of my price range come crunch time. But im with you, I wouldn't settle for anything less than the full asking price on it as it is one of my favourites on this forum. :thumbs: I also like the look of your Trial Rear so will now be looking at that addition as well as a half carbon spoiler and new front bumper. Not sure on which one though.

When had my bodywork done, I knew exactly which front bumper and which rear bumper I wanted, but the skirts were a more tricky choice. I think the stock skirts stack up to any of the aftermarket stuff, so a trial rear, OEM skirts and new front bumper will look great IMO.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

When had my bodywork done, I knew exactly which front bumper and which rear bumper I wanted, but the skirts were a more tricky choice. I think the stock skirts stack up to any of the aftermarket stuff, so a trial rear, OEM skirts and new front bumper will look great IMO.

I will certainly bare that in mind mate.

Strangely I think I know one of the girls in your pics! Either that or she has a double!! :woot:

Damn it was the latter!

That's a shame. I like mine empty-shell like. I'll have the blonde one then if she's going free!!!

Possibly, she had a very 'pow' bottom.

sniff them seats matt??

And the roof: :D

Brunette is yummy! But it was the blonde I thought I knew. Alas, I know neither. And how disappointed I am that, that is the case! :( *saved to favourites anyway* :innocent:

Well, I'll throw in a collection of hi-res images of the cheeky photos I have of the same day :D